eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Concern re: Paypal dispute - any advice appreciated.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    Suesjools...
    Join me...I have given them the negatives they deserve. I have also written to Paypal.
    Wow, you have all the courage I don't have, wish I did, hope you don't get any negatives back.

I did get an e mail from eBid support asking if there was tracking on the items and I sent them the tracking numbers so they can see the items were delivered before the Paypal dispute was opened. I also told them I got no e mail from the buyer claiming the items weren't received, just the notice from Paypal about the dispute.

Yes, I do look like I'm scared, and I am, but with good reason - I was tossed off Feepay in 2000 for a similar situation, in which I paid for items I won, then got negative fb for non-payment, (I sent money orders to the seller, so no Paypal to back me up). Feepay then accused me of selling pcs from another continent! Needless to say, I was removed from the site without being given an opportunity to defend myself in either case. I think anyone who has had a similar experience would feel as I do about it.

Best wishes to all,

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK Suesjools...point taken :-) ...but they have 5 positive feedbacks from you which they don't deserve.

Take care...and stop worrying :-)

Have a click...You know you want to...

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

You're right, no more worrying about this. Just ordered an Irish coffee in the sellers cellar, hope it comes with extra whiskey.

Best wishes,

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBid will investigate retaliatory or undeserved negative feedback on request and usually remove it promptly.

I understand your fears about leaving negative feedback. Even as a buyer I am afraid to leave negative feedback. I, too, am afraid of a retaliatory neg that would destroy my Seller reputation. But, when a buyer scams, such as was done to you, perhaps you would feel brave enough to leave a "neutral", and then could state the plain facts (i.e.: "USPS records them receiving item, but they asked for non-receipt refund anyway").

The others above are right: when Sellers leave positives for bad/scam Buyers, other Sellers don't have a heads up to avoid that Buyer. (For instance, I don't have a clue who this eBid user is that has pulled a fast one on you. I hope there are enough complaints that eBid will pull the plug on her/him.)

But I do understand how stressful it is to deal with a non-positive selling/buying experience. Our feedback is our reputation for the world to see. Our reputation is a reflection of our personal integrity. To receive a retaliatory negative in your feedback would feel like having your honour besmirched world-wide. I understand the fear of that.

But it does sound like eBid, unlike ebay, works to sift out the rotten apples out of the barrel. Which means we do not need to live in fear of the rotten apples ruining our reputations here. Which is good news for you in the future!

But I am so sorry you had to go through this experience. What an awful day you had. You probably feel like a truck ran over you. A little bit of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome from your horrible experience with eBay ... and the fact that they own PayPal didn't help you feel any security.

I hope that after a few days, and reading these posts from some of your friends, that you can recover from the "flashback" shock, and not be afraid to continue selling on eBid. This is a great auction site, with great support from management for honest sellers. They aren't the thugs that eBay are!

Fear not. PayPal wants your business. And eBid will protect you from bad buyers.

P.S. I hear that 1.5 oz of dark chocolate a day is medically proven to zap stress out of your body. I'll prescribe 7 days of the dose. Double if needed!

Live, Learn, and Laugh -

Virtueandpraise

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31547)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I pulled back from Amazon because of negative feedback.

Bookshops always seem to leave negative feedback. You describe a book as in poor condition with ageing pages, and when they receive it they say the condition isn't good enough.

It is not that my rating on Amazon is too low, it is that I am too thin-skinned to deal with unwarranted negative feedback.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Suejools, I just saw this thread. Sorry this has happened to you.

Since I don't use paypal to print my shipping labels, I enter the tracking info manually into paypal's site. This might be something you wish to do in the future. That way paypal has the tracking info in their system should a buyer claim non-delivery.

Hope this helps. Don't give up selling on ebid. We need you.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Suejools, I just saw this thread. Sorry this has happened to you.

Since I don't use paypal to print my shipping labels, I enter the tracking info manually into paypal's site. This might be something you wish to do in the future. That way paypal has the tracking info in their system should a buyer claim non-delivery.

Hope this helps. Don't give up selling on ebid. We need you.
    ]
    You is SO clever!! I wouldn't have thought of that!!!!! Good for you! Great advice!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Thanks to all, I'm not leaving, this site is TOPS, (and so are its members). eBid is investigating the matter and have suspended the account in the interim. Paypal, unfortunately, isn't nearly as customer supportive, or as efficient, but I'm hoping for the best.

VirtueandPraise, I'm with you, against the whole neg. fb business, but did leave the neg's the buyer deserved once eBid contacted me and Barrattess left hers, as I fgured no matter how much I loathe it, it will help eBid in the decision making process, and Barrattess gave me courage to do the right thing, as so many already pointed out. Also Kimbo's info. that eBid will remove retaliatory neg's helped in the decision making process.

Bill, one of my biggest pet peeves is people who don't read item descriptions. As a vintage book buyer I always do, and also as a vintage jewelry seller I understand that vintage means 'used' and no matter how good the condition of a vintage item, it's not the same as buying a brand new item. To those who can't stand wear, I say buy new; otherwise don't expect a vintage item to look like it was made yesterday.

Ginny, thanks, how do you enter the info. manually into Paypal? I don't use their labels either, I use USPS Click and Ship postage labels, so no need, but would like to know, in case I decide to keep Paypal, so I'm protected against future scammers.

Thanks again to all for your support and kindness and best wishes for many good sales,

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Agree, HerMajesty, hope she shares with the rest of us.

Best wishes for many good sales to all,

Thread Information