eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What camera set are you uning now?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What camera set are you uning now?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Be nice to see some pics taken with these cameras, folks. Just remember to keep them reasonably small, so the forum doesn't get stretched.
    I'm extremely interested in the extra 2 I just recieved. My photography before the cybershot was the old polaroids and was amazed at what the cybershot produced. If reviews on the other 2 cameras I have are correct this should be an interesting experience.

Nikon FA, Nikon FM, Nikon D300 and Bronica medium format. Use Fuji Velvia film with the FA, FM and Bronica.
    Quality Plants.

Plants & Shrubs, Perennials, Climbers and Unusual.

Check my stock out now.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Quality-Pl...Unusual-Plants

************************************************** ********************************************

Collectable Ceramics Old And New

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Collectabl...cs-Old-and-New

Fugi Finepix A800

Forum Newbie
    View shop4up's Feedback (+786)
    All-About shop4up
    View shop4up's Listings
    Forum Posts

Like to see many of you here!
    Let's share out photo in the forum~

http://shop4up.ebid.net/ --- Ext./Int Hard Drives, SSD, CF, SD and USB drives

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here is the view I have from my bedroom window at the moment

Name:  1301856674-7952-0.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  109.2 KB

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31547)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I use my Canon Kiss, (same as the Canon 450D but S.E. Asia version as I bought it cheap in Thailand) with a 75-300mm zoom lens.
    I usually want to take photographs of a bird on a tree 2 miles away so the zoom helps.

When I want something more compact I have a Canon compact with 12x optical zoom.

The Canons are very reliable in focusing and exposing and it is just up to me to frame the picture.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

I am using my little Kodak EasyShare with 8 MP on it. Mind you, it's my first dig camera LOL. Turns our it fits only 4 shots, so when I download those on my computer, I delete them from the camera. I of course have a memory card, but will have to acquire something with more legroom aka MP on it. I looked around, came across some cameras with 14 MP, don't know if 6 MP make a huge difference.

What do you think? TY

I am not sure how to insert image on the thread, but here are the links to my first two picture shooting attempts:
    Coca-Cola Vintage Drinking container with lid
    You're One of a Kind RUSS mug

I have an Olympus FE-370 8.0 mp with optical 5x. I have it set to 3mp (2048x1536) for taking pictures allowing me to be able to crop to a nice square image just over 1,000 pixels for eBay requirements. Loading the same original to eBid works fine also.

I use the Olympus software that came with the camera for uploading to my computer by USB cable and photo enhancements and cropping. Works fine for me. One thing I discovered when I first got the camera was that for close-ups of small items, the software would allow me to fix lens distortion. My previous Olympus camera 2 mp also had lens distortion on close-up but I never noticed it as it was a very slight distortion.

My previous camera, an Olympus 2 mp model, was not as small. When taking photos I dropped it and this killed the flash. So I went and got a new 8 mp model. I was afraid I would drop the new camera also as it was smaller. I had the wrist strap installed but that was very annoying.

Since I only used the camera for photos for listings, I got one of those cheap tiny 6-inch tripods and screwed it into the base. I leave the three legs closed and it makes a great handle to hold this tiny camera (for me, a male with big hands). It helps me steady the camera and less shake when pushing the button. Works great. I never fear dropping the camera now as I can get a great grip on the handle. I hope this tip helps others if they never thought of this.

I still have the 2 mp camera as backup. The difference between the 8 mp and the 2 mp is great. The 8 mp is much better and more sensitive to taking pictures in poor lighting. I like it a lot better than the old. It has a lot of features that I never used since it is for taking g pictures for eBay/eBid only.

PS I also have a flatbed Canon scanner with USB connection for paper documents and flat items. Works well but scanners are SLOWWWWW compared to a digital camera.

PSS I am new to eBid even though I got my Seller+ Lifetime account 2 years back. I never had time to really look at eBid. The new fees on eBay for shiping is making me look at alternatives. I have been browsing all the forums here and reading, reading, reading with a bit of learning. I will be listing soon some items.
    Last edited by pocomocomputing; 4th April 2011 at 12:37 PM.

Sony Alpha A100 with Sony 18-70mm Macro Lens & I love it :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information