eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you choose your user name?

View NuttyKrafts's Feedback (+644)
    All-About NuttyKrafts
    View NuttyKrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How did you choose your user name?

Burgyeb, I just find it really fascinating and marvel at some of the more unusual ones that folk come up with. When I first 'did' online stuff, the best I could come up with was nutmeg ............ which is the name of my aunt's cat!
    Nutty by name, nutty by nature.
    /

Hand made items here

Bits and pieces here

Fund raising for L.O.R.O.S. here

Books and music for L.O.R.O.S. here

Yes - agree with burgy.
    BTW - my daughter, Teagan loves Burgundy too.
    When she married, October 2010, her bridesmaids were dressed in burgundy, and the table decorations and church flowers were all in burgundy.
    It was so beautiful.
    She gave me a Rose tree - Burgundy Ice, as one of my presents for the 'Mother of the Bride' ... I treasure it.
    It flowers profusely with beautiful burgundy and white tipped blooms.

As for your 'eb' bit on the end ... how charming!
    The tide ebbing - your affinity to the water ~ just lovely.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Was known else where as Vinyltonesmusic (love of music and my name tony) but picked up a stalker so closed account opened up a new one as Santas-Vinyl-Wonderland (after my love of Christmas and music) Just ended up shorten it to SantasWonderland
    Welcome to Wonderland

SantasWonderland DVD Grotto

SantasWonderland Vinyl & CD Grotto

All round entertainment, not just for Christmas

Join EBID now and join in all the fun yourself

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you Trish. Your daughter's wedding and her gift to you sound absolutely fabulous. Would love to see a pic of your Rose Tree.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Thank you Trish. Your daughter's wedding and her gift to you sound absolutely fabulous. Would love to see a pic of your Rose Tree.
    I will try and get a pic for you burgy, it has a couple of spent blooms at the moment, due to our dreadful 'summer' weather!

It is growing in a tub, not in the ground, as I didn't have room for another rose tree.
    But, it is truly a beautiful rose, exquisite in colour. xxx
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

I started online with Nostromo. I first heard the name from the movie "Alien". It starts with the ship flying through space and some notes come up saying, "Cargo Towing Vehicle - Nostromo". I thought, "Cool name!", and when I went online in 1994, that's what I used. In 1999, I started a computer tech business called Dr. Nostromo, PC Medic. The business has folded since but by that time, everyone was calling me Doc so the DrNostromo moniker stuck.

The other online name I've used is FritzGoot. When I was a kid doing role playing things, I made up the name Fritzen Gootendorfer. When I started playing Call of Duty, I needed a moniker and, since the name sounded German, I went with it ...obviously shortening it. I still use it in various places. I use fritzgoot on Pandora, for instance, and in some forums.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

The actual business name is Ja-Bek which was derived from my son's name, Jason and my daughter's name, Rebecca whom I've always called, "Bec" as an abbreviation of Becky. However, when I chose JaBek1 here and on other online sites to eliminate the (-) and avoid problems with the Ja-Bek domain name.

Of course, in a family business, it is always good to have a pecking order established. I'm JaBek1, my wife is JaBek2, son is JaBek3, daughter is JaBek4, grandson & granddaughter are JaBek5 and JaBek6 respectively. When their old enough and if they decide to join in the family fun.

I also put some thought in choosing store names. JaBek1's Auction Block is pretty self explanatory since I'm an auctioneer by trade. The Purple Peace Head Shoppe comes from a 1968 B&M head shop on Gaslight Square in St Louis by the same name. The entire front of the three story brick building was painted a rather garish shade of purple. Of course, the merchandise stocked would probably not be permitted on eBid or most places this day & age.

My latest store is set up with something of a second hand store (junk shop) in mind. Frankly, it is meant to be a place where haggling is the norm. JaBek1's Trash 'R Treasure Emporium seemed to fit the character of the store.

I suppose I've pretty much given a bit more information than was really sought. Oh well! The wife always says I get a bit verbose. I guess it comes from working at a place that paid by the column inch early in my misspent youth. ;-)

I used to be Raglan1961 on the other side, taken from part of my address, but I decided that I wanted a fresh eBid name. So Cornishmaid it was as I was born and brought up in Cornwall and I kept the 1961 from my birthday.

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

I used the other site for a while to clear out my clutter, and a good bit of my mother's too. So when a friend mentioned eBid I joined and took their suggestion - Sucadot. It's the first two letters from both my christian and surname plus my mother Dorothy's shortened name.
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well mine is partly becuse I like gin But really it s Part of mine & Nigels name.

Thread Information