Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

looks good and Quentin looks so cute
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

ditto what maelbrigda said..................adorable pics, and stunning flooring! .
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning all.
    nice to see you back HM. Missed you,where have you been?!
    youre right about the holidays being too short guys, I could definitely do with another week at least! ah well...
    back to the cold UK today :-(
    Spyder you poor poor thing, I'd send you a hug but that would he as bad as your mates making you laugh. How on earth did you manage to do that I wonder?! Hope it heals soon, you didn't need that, poor lad.
    Al your Quentin just keeps getting cuter. Looks like his mum right now. You can't blame him for pinching your screwdriver, he wants to help his clever granddaddy and you did get him a tool kit after all, great idea that, get em started young I say! Got Alex his first one when he was Quentins age, and will definitely get one for Ollie too. His mum told me he is really getting into rhythm at the moment and thinks he is going to be a drummer, I said that's good cos I have also bought him a drum for his birthday.
    Have a nice day, will be thinking of you all when I ride the big bird in the sky later!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salomina27 View Post
    Morning all.
    nice to see you back HM. Missed you,where have you been?!
    youre right about the holidays being too short guys, I could definitely do with another week at least! ah well...
    back to the cold UK today :-(
    Spyder you poor poor thing, I'd send you a hug but that would he as bad as your mates making you laugh. How on earth did you manage to do that I wonder?! Hope it heals soon, you didn't need that, poor lad.
    Al your Quentin just keeps getting cuter. Looks like his mum right now. You can't blame him for pinching your screwdriver, he wants to help his clever granddaddy and you did get him a tool kit after all, great idea that, get em started young I say! Got Alex his first one when he was Quentins age, and will definitely get one for Ollie too. His mum told me he is really getting into rhythm at the moment and thinks he is going to be a drummer, I said that's good cos I have also bought him a drum for his birthday.
    Have a nice day, will be thinking of you all when I ride the big bird in the sky later!
    Have a safe trip Sister Sal.

Cheers,

Have a good trip Sal.Thanks for the hug.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning, happy Wednesday! I see Her Majesty is back and Penni popped in.
    Hopefully I'll post a picture once the floor has been sanded and finished. I'm a little anxious to see it myself.
    Spyder, no coughing, sneezing or laughing for you. Have a safe trip Sal.

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

Oooooooh, I do feel so sorry for Spyder. Terrible to do something like that and not even know what it was......guess that's what gin will do for you!! lol (just teasing). I hope you take lots of vitamins, heating pads, and heal quickly.

I was enjoying seeing my girls and grandsons (it was the younger's 8th birthday). Arrived in a snowstorm, left at the end of a snowstorm, and had 3 weeks of wondeful sun in between. Also stopped and saw an ill cousin of mine on the way.

Enjoy your trip, Sal, wherever it is you are headed.

We are trying to figure out what to do with our dining room wood floor. Had a huge leak in the roof due to squirrel damage, and water ran down the walls and onto the sood slats of the floor. Now, several months later, and even with no leaks and the dehumidifier going, there is a huge wave in the floor about 6" high. Guess we will have to remove all the furniture, press a weight on the wave, and take a few inches off the flooring at the end of the room. Maybe 'iron' it out.......
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Oooooooh, I do feel so sorry for Spyder. Terrible to do something like that and not even know what it was......guess that's what gin will do for you!! lol (just teasing). I hope you take lots of vitamins, heating pads, and heal quickly.

I was enjoying seeing my girls and grandsons (it was the younger's 8th birthday). Arrived in a snowstorm, left at the end of a snowstorm, and had 3 weeks of wondeful sun in between. Also stopped and saw an ill cousin of mine on the way.

Enjoy your trip, Sal, wherever it is you are headed.

We are trying to figure out what to do with our dining room wood floor. Had a huge leak in the roof due to squirrel damage, and water ran down the walls and onto the sood slats of the floor. Now, several months later, and even with no leaks and the dehumidifier going, there is a huge wave in the floor about 6" high. Guess we will have to remove all the furniture, press a weight on the wave, and take a few inches off the flooring at the end of the room. Maybe 'iron' it out.......
    Problem is the water seeped under the wood and into the sub floor below and water rises. The wood floor keeps drying but as it dries it acts like a sponge and sucks up whatever moisture is below or around it. The only "quick fix" is to remove the wood dry the sub floor reinstall new wood then sand and finish.
    Too often when this happens people will sand the damaged wood flat then when it does eventually dry the wood goes back to normal and appears crowned so never resand until the wood is completely dry.
    You will be surprised though as time goes on the floor will eventually go back to normal. One area of my kitchen years ago was subject to several gallons of water over a 2 month period. It cupped real bad and took close to a year to dry but it did and ended up flat as it originally was.
    See attached link to learn a bit more.
    http://www.schenckandcompany.com/damage_floors.html

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the info! Buckled it is! One big wave, tallest on the side where the water came down the wall - quite flat on the other side of the room. We haven't done anything but try to dry it.....but living in the UK, it is almost a losing battle. Hubby might try to remove some of the displaced boards, but his idea was to take boards from the far end of the room out, then press the hump down......and along the baseboard.....to the far end of the room. Can't do the closer end because stairs are there. I think he may just have to bite the bullet, remove some boards from somewhere, and see how wet it is beneath. I don't recall what sort of sub flooring is below this, but he had just put this wood floor down a year or two ago. sigh.

If it were at the far end of the dining room, I wouldn't mind so much..........could even have people over and kind of ignore it...or put a chair over the hump to warn people. As it is, it is just in the path where you walk into the room. sigh.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Thanks for the info! Buckled it is! One big wave, tallest on the side where the water came down the wall - quite flat on the other side of the room. We haven't done anything but try to dry it.....but living in the UK, it is almost a losing battle. Hubby might try to remove some of the displaced boards, but his idea was to take boards from the far end of the room out, then press the hump down......and along the baseboard.....to the far end of the room. Can't do the closer end because stairs are there. I think he may just have to bite the bullet, remove some boards from somewhere, and see how wet it is beneath. I don't recall what sort of sub flooring is below this, but he had just put this wood floor down a year or two ago. sigh.

If it were at the far end of the dining room, I wouldn't mind so much..........could even have people over and kind of ignore it...or put a chair over the hump to warn people. As it is, it is just in the path where you walk into the room. sigh.
    When wood gets wet it does some incredible things.

A few years back I was called out to a school due to a gymnasium wood floor problem. They told me they had a roof leak which soaked the center of the wood gym floor. When I arrived the center of the gym floor was as tall as I am 6'4". This was in the sprintime so they were able to close of the gym for the month left of the school year and allow the floor to dry out during the summer. With the help of controlled humidity and temperatures the floor started going back down within a month and by the beginning of August we were able to resand and refinish. No further issues afterwards.
    Prior to this incident I was called out to a church experiencing wood floor issues. When I pulled into the parking lot I noticed several of the exterior bricks laying on the ground. Sure enough, the wood inside the building (Large multi-purpose room) was installed improperly (too tight) and when the church decided to shut down their air conditioning during the hot humid summer months the wood sucked up the moisture from the humid air and expanded and pushed the outside wall out.
    In large rooms when installing wood floors we have to place a gap in the floor every 20 boards we use washers approx 1/8" thick as spacers for the gaps. We also (on large areas) have to place a minimum 1" gap around the perrimeters of the room to allow for expansion. It's funny when you leave a jobsite on a friday and there are 1/" gaps all over the floor then show back up Monday morning to find gaps have closed and tight as a drum.

Thread Information