Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poverty in the UK?

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Poverty in the UK?

In reality I feel sorry for the pensioners & the people who come home from war, theyre shafted all the way, yet the immigrants (dare I mention them) get everything. They get enough cash to stuff their faces and more, the elderly are FORCED to choose between food & heating. And those who come back from war are scared to death of being charged for some fixed war crime, yet we harbour terrorists in our own country who will NEVER EVER work, why should they with all the hand outs. We are shafted left right & center and dont forget the big companies shops ect who dont pay their Taxes IE: Boots, Vodaphone, Virgin, BHS, Starbucks,McDonalds just to name a few.

And did you know you are all unwittingly eating HALAL. Yet if we did it to them all hell fire would be set loose.

(Waits to be stoned) lol

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I refuse to eat Halal - a public health inspector friend said that the slaughtering method made her vomit (and she needed a strong stomach for her job).
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    All-About Cocksparrer
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I refuse to eat Halal - a public health inspector friend said that the slaughtering method made her vomit (and she needed a strong stomach for her job).

Youre already eating it, sainsburys, M&S Morrisons, Tesco all sell it, they just dont have to tell the consumer that its halal.

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's a disgrace, we should be informed! Imagine if pork was sold in a hidden way that didn't have to let the customer know what it was, ye right!
    The real racists are the ones running the country and in local authority especially, they are more prejudiced and bigoted than the lot of us!
    And talking of not paying mp's colossal sums, I would like to see everyone withhold tax till there is less wastage and spending on the wrong things (like overseas funding that doesnt even get monitored and just goes to more greedy fatcats who claim it or corrupt people high up ) and so that there is more accountability and a proper democracy run by the people for the people not a dictatorship that feigns to be something else!
    There is poverty in this country and it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
    The poor and most vulnerable are going to get hit even harder yet

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cocksparrer View Post
    Youre already eating it, sainsburys, M&S Morrisons, Tesco all sell it, they just dont have to tell the consumer that its halal.
    No, I don't buy my meat from supermarkets. I live in a town with .... a BUTCHER! and they own their own slaughterhouse!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

For spending the EU take some beating. Last week on Question Time that cropped up and Deborah Meaden said that the 6% they spend on running the EU is 'reasonable'. Now considering they have a trillion euro budget that makes running the EU 6 billion euros. Don't know about you lot but that does not seem reasonable to me. That money could help millions of people across Europe instead of paying for some of the most over paid and over pampered people on any gravy train anywhere.

Forum Saint
    All-About Cocksparrer
    Forum Posts

No, I don't buy my meat from supermarkets. I live in a town with .... a BUTCHER! and they own their own slaughterhouse!

Excellent

Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

While I agree with your later post, shopping at your local butcher. It's more on the grounds of supporting your local butcher than anything else.

I can't imagine that an animal having it's throat cut is any more nauseating than the non halal method of shooting it in the head with a bolt gun and then cutting its throat. And I don't even want to think about what a bath full of electrocuted non halal chickens looks like.

Interestingly, in a government inspection of 7 non halal slaugherhouses, the inspectors of all of them witnessed the staff administering beatings to the animals and other acts of deliberate cruelty. I wonder, given the religious element, if this is something that is absent from the halal slaughterhouse.

I refuse to eat any meat... Does anyone really believe that the average abattoir is a good place to send any animal?

Thread Information