My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: A note to NPB's

Default A note to NPB's

I'm writing this for the non paying buyers, also known as NPB's. I've had a couple and know that its not uncommon for this to happen sometimes in this business. Murphy's laws says that some things can or will happen. A mistake on bidding, and emergency that is unavoidable, or sometimes you change your minds. If this does happen, you should make an effort to contact the seller to let them know that the transaction will not be completed.

Most sellers are a pretty understanding lot. But when a buyer just lets it go and doesn't pay, it may cause the NPB negative feedback to come to surface, which neither the seller or the buyer really wants. If a seller is informed, we are more likely to work with the buyer to leave feedback showing that we accepted the buyers decision and that we appreciate the honesty and for letting us know. This also gives the seller the opportunity to put the listing back up quickly. Especially if there was a person that wanted that item, but lost to the NPB.

So if you are a buyer, new or a veteran, and you cannot finish your business dealings, don't wait for the Grim Reaper of the feedback. Your reputation as a buyer could be put in jeopardy. Contact the seller and see what can be worked out.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: A note to NPB's

Have to agree with this. The key to sorting everything is communication.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Yes, I certainly agree about the communication. It's important to communicate well no matter what side of the transaction a person is on.
    Agree 110%.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Couldn' t agree more.

<AOL> Me too </AOL>

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ButtonJohnLuke View Post
    <AOL> Me too </AOL>
    NPB's are a nuisance, on Ebid for me it has been a case of so far so good, however elsewhere on other sites, one in particular they do raise their heads.

If i was to encounter a NPB over here on Ebid, i would deal with them in the same manner that i do normally and this is to attempt to avoid leaving a negative feedback.

A couple of months ago, i made 2 sales to a lady who had registered as far as i could tell simply to purchase from me as the listing was showing amongst the top results within Google search.
    She paid me instantly and i duly sent her package and knew that she had received a good deal and as a new user i was hoping that she would return to Ebid and make further purchases.
    Well....this is something that she duly did, but unfortunately i noticed that she had received negative feedback due to an issue of none payment.
    It only related to a low value mobile phone case and i have to admit that i felt disappointed and wondered that was their a difficulty with the transaction that could have been resolved without the leaving of a negative?

I will let you in on my concerns.
    This lady could be deterred from returning to Ebid and i do not believe that we would wish to see buyers dissuaded from returning and of course, none of us want to deal with dead beats.
    Had the seller concerned really attempted to resolve the matter amicably?
    The same person exchanged communication with me and i assume that she completed the sale feeling that this is a great place to trade....which, we all know it to be.

I feel that negative feedback should be used as an absolute last resort.
    Am behaving irresponsibly feeling this way?

I absolutely agree 1000%!! I've had 2 NPB this month. I even sent them a messages & payment reminders if they were still interested & no reply.

Click on the link below to join eBid.net as it's FREE and who pays perks for you to shop!!

eBid Buddies

Visit my eBid store for more auctions!

2 Find the Best Deals Online

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I never understand why people do that - if there is a genuine problem, why not communicate with the seller?

Thread Information