eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small business being sued for selling fake Coach bags

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Small business being sued for selling fake Coach bags

Beware of selling fakes, know what you are selling! Coach are hot on the trail of Momma & Poppa businesses as well as online retailers.

Snohomish small business being sued for selling fake Coach bags

Default Re: Small business being sued for selling fake Coach bags

Stocking said he assumed the they were “used, authentic Coach goods
    Sorry but you cannot assume anything when selling second hand goods. Coach has every right to take the seller to court, of cause Stocking could take the person they bought the fakes from to court as well.

While this particular case may seem a little harsh the fact is that he was selling fake goods. If you are not sure then you should not sell them. In my humble opinion the sale of fake goods is one of the biggest threats to online selling. Buyers will lose confidence in online purchases if they constantly get poor quality goods or fakes. It is good that companies are finally doing something about it. Would like to see Coach and others buying a few things from eBay and seeing what they get, and while they are at it they can buy some of mine (no Coach though) as I am more than happy for them to confirm that my goods are genuine.

I got caught out buying a fake and it wasn't on ebay, I bought a used Chanel handbag...or so I thought, it was complete trash and went in the bin after being knifed ( seller is not here anymore ), did the same with a YSL one someone brought me back off holiday as buyers can be done as well.

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I got caught out buying a fake and it wasn't on ebay, I bought a used Chanel handbag...or so I thought, it was complete trash and went in the bin after being knifed ( seller is not here anymore ), did the same with a YSL one someone brought me back off holiday as buyers can be done as well.
    I would be straight back in touch with the seller and Paypal, with the added mention of reporting the seller to Chanel/YSL. There are people who buy and sell these on all sites, what is needed on ebid in particular is to keep them off and make it be known that they will not be tolerated.

I did see an article regarding handbags a while back. They bought 25 designer handbags on eBay. Out of those 22 were obvious fakes, 2 were very good fakes that only the companies concerned could tell from the genuine article and one was as advertised. So 96% were fake and only 4% genuine. I can get the genuine articles, usually not the latest 'must have' and sell them at a 50% or greater discount on the retail price. But I would be competing with the fakes and buyers fear of spending what can be a large amount for what could be a fake. I do have a few lower priced designer bags, but they are far from top sellers, possibly due to the reasons mentioned.

every so often the Trading Standards boys come into the antique centre and have a good look around and remove any item that they think are counterfeit

13 years is long enough to know how to check if something is real or a fake.

I've heard of that shop. Have you ever been there, Jewel?

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

i got caught out last year. i bought £500 worth of supposed sterling silver jewellery from an online wholesale site. it was only after i sold one of the necklaces on here and the buyer complained i had some of them tested. although they were stamped .925 they turned out to be only silver plated. i had paid by bank transfer to an english bank but the items came postmarked hong kong. i never got any money back and the web page disappeared a few weeks later. i am now trying to sell them as silver plate or silver tone at half the price i paid for them.
    I tell you this because often small sellers get caught out too.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

No I haven't been there, thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by packratatheart View Post
    13 years is long enough to know how to check if something is real or a fake.

I've heard of that shop. Have you ever been there, Jewel?

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    No I haven't been there, thank goodness.

That's what I thought when I read your post. And I was up that way not too long ago.

Thread Information