My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Posting Free Shipping On Products That Arent Free Shipping

Default Re: Google Posting Free Shipping On Products That Arent Free Shipping

Don't get me wrong, I want ebid to do well but it seems that only the sellers here are wanting it to do really good, the owners of eBid seem to be happy with the way things are now.
    I remember when I first joined Gazza was responding to most post in a lot of the forums & now he hardly posts answers to people questions anymore.
    Even if eBid starts doing well, I will continue to sell on multiple sites because it is not wise to put all your eggs into one basket.

I run my own remodeling business as well as selling online so there are times i don't even list much on the bay when I am super busy, things are slowing down now & I have thousands of comics & toys that I will be working on listing & that even takes time with me because depending on the item I am selling i could have as many as 100 pictures for the auction.

I plan on putting some things here as well as the bay but the things i need to sell quick will go on the bay.

Tia : Can you tell us how your setting up your shipping.

1. Are you using Fixed Price Shipping or Calculated
    2. Are you charging sales tax.

Those are the two factors which involve in the shipping matrix.

Addressing Mr Harley's statement once again, you are paying 17% to eBay.

Example $20 product listed on Ebay with free shipping your paying eBay $3.18 then you have PayPal taking another 2.9% + .7% of the discount rate. So do the math 4% to PayPal and another 13% (roughly) to ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by microniccomputers View Post

Example $20 product listed on Ebay with free shipping your paying eBay $3.18 then you have PayPal taking another 2.9% + .7% of the discount rate. So do the math 4% to PayPal and another 13% (roughly) to ebay!
    What part do you not understand, the amount i pay ebay is 4% min to 9% max so the most i pay to ebay is 9% paypal say is 4% that would be a total of 13% for both combined but depending on the category i list in it could be 4% to ebay & 4% to paypal for a total of 8% ebay has changed there fvf structure to 4% min & 9% max so i dont know where you get 13% to ebay alone.
    Last edited by HaleysComics; 15th August 2013 at 02:35 AM.

Here is an example for you so that you can see what i am talking about.
    I sold a comic for $202.49 the fvf was $9.85 which is about 4.9%
    Shipping cost was $32.99 going overseas fvf on that was .26 cents which is .8%
    so 4.9% + .8% = 5.7%

eBay total was 5.7% from my sale
    paypal fee was 4%

so that is a total of 9.7% that is a far cry from the 17% you are talking about & even if it was sold here on eBid paypal would still get 4%
    Last edited by HaleysComics; 15th August 2013 at 02:34 AM.

Tia : Can you tell us how your setting up your shipping.

1. Are you using Fixed Price Shipping or Calculated
    2. Are you charging sales tax.

Those are the two factors which involve in the shipping matrix.
    I use calculated shipping, and I do not charge sales tax. So far, the amounts have been on the nose. I think eBid gets a database feed from USPS whenever the postal rates go up, and they've done a great job.

Thread Information