Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on Gmail

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Question on Gmail

Can anyone who uses Gmail tell me just WHERE I'm supposed to find this:

Gmail now automatically filters some of the emails you want to receive into their new webmail “promotions" folder.

Default Re: Question on Gmail

There are tabs across the top: Primary, Social, Promotions. I think you are looking for Promotions? I liked it better before they did that. Old and set in my ways.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hey, welcome back Mary! Hope you're doing OK.

BIG HUGS,

I'd suggest being very careful about using ANY of Google's services. They are currently implementing methods for using user's content - written, video, image or otherwise - for anything that can gain money for Google. This can mean that they will use something you have written about a product and use that as part of the advertising (for that product) alongside your username and image - and all without asking or paying you. They also want to use images that you have created, but do not bear a verifiable copyright marking, for their own purposes. In short, by using Google's services you are giving them access and rights to anything you create.

Microsoft and Amazon are also working on similar lines, including replacing Cookies (the computer sort) with a unique tracking identifier that sends your information to their databases. No longer will you be able to delete the individual cookies from your own machine, now all the information will be sent back to their servers for them to build a profile of everything you do and everywhere you visit. Then they will sell copies of the information so that you can be targeted by increasingly tailor-made adverts and services.

The internet is changing and evolving to allow the collection of Big Data - an electronic version of Big Brother - and it is something that I personally am increasingly concerned and unsettled about.

Okay, I'm not computer smart...what makes a copyright mark verifiable?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh wow, Damian, that really sucks big time! I don't use Gmail much, mostly Yahoo, was going to do a complete switch over due to Yahoo mail's stupid ads that take forever to load and sometimes crash my semi-ancient pc, but think I'll hold off for now. Thanks for the heads up.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by packratatheart View Post
    Okay, I'm not computer smart...what makes a copyright mark verifiable?
    It's when someone is able to locate the copyright holder because of the data included either on or electronically embedded within the image. Because of changes in the law it is no longer enough to hold a copyright simply by being the creator of an image, now they must be able to track you down and allow you to prove that the image is yours. Or, more correctly for what is happening, they don't want to track you down, and they don't want you to prove the image is yours, because then these large companies can use it for whatever they want without paying you for your hard work or giving you any say in what is done to it.

See another of my threads for more details: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...opyrights-away

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Oh wow, Damian, that really sucks big time! I don't use Gmail much, mostly Yahoo, was going to do a complete switch over due to Yahoo mail's stupid ads that take forever to load and sometimes crash my semi-ancient pc, but think I'll hold off for now. Thanks for the heads up.

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    You are so right.

Thanks, Damian.

Forum Diehard
    View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

If we hang loose long enough some programmer will come along and take over just the way Google did.
    Then in time that will change also

Thread Information