eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: feebay Security breach

Default Re: feebay Security breach

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Personally I think people are worrying about the wrong thing here; the report mentions that the hackers obtained physical addresses, emails, Dob and other info. If they have this other info then they could potentially set up other accounts in your name.

I will be doing a credit check tonight to see if anything has happened that shouldn't have.
    Hi Lofty what do you mean by credit check, i have checked my bank and my paypal account is that enough or is there something else we should be doing.
    Last edited by buttons-and-bows; 23rd May 2014 at 12:04 PM. Reason: lost a T

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Hi Lofty what do you mean by credit check, i have checked my bank and my paypal account is that enough or is there something else we should be doing.
    I was referring to checking your credit rating with organizations like experian who keep a track onyour financial dealings. If you apply for an account many places will run your name through them to gauge your reliability. Records of these searches can show up iregularities if someone tried to open an account.

Last time I checked my record I found that Barclays had opened an account in my name, despite me walking out of the Managers office because of his arrogant attitude. (This was pre 9/11, was telling me that I should show a driving licence (don't drive, so why would I have one). Passport (at that time I had not been out of the Country so why would I have one) also bills from Water/Electric/Phone companies (As I was not a home owner did not have them either).
    Last edited by lofty100e; 23rd May 2014 at 04:25 PM. Reason: correcting spelling due to predictive text on mobile phone
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebay have not told us all they should, they tried sweeping it under the carpet in their usual couldn't give a toss about anyone else other than themselves style then when the cat was finally out of the bag (though they first found out around February!) they still try and hide it and make out it is much smaller. How is changing our passwords going to help us when all our identity data has already been stolen? that could cause criminals to have a field day! They say changing the password is just a precaution cos they care about their customers and security and try and reassure us this is always in hand and a priority to them, yet they have shown and done the oppositte. I dont believe a word that comes out of their mouths quite frankly.

Thread Information