Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: How are you intending to vote in the EU Referendum?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain a member of the European Union.

15 21.43%
  • Leave the European Union.

45 64.29%
  • Undecided, but leaning towards 'Remain'.

3 4.29%
  • Undecided, but leaning towards 'Leave'.

7 10.00%
Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: The EU Referendum.

Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The EU Referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    your post assumes a awful lot, for instance if we turn your hypothesise around, how are german car manufactures going to react if the eu tries to block trade with the uk,i think youl find there will be very little change with trading with the eu, we could also being out of the eu impose are own import tariffs on eu goods in favour of are own produced goods, which would stimulate are own manufacturing economy...
    They do seem like reasonable assumptions though.

I'm guessing that the EU doesn't make it hard for Germany to sell cars to China or the US, so why would they make it hard for Germany to sell cars to the UK? They might however make it harder for the UK to sell cars to Germany with a resulting negative effect on our manufacturing economy.

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

This morning on my local radio station, they said there 5,000000 + ex pats living abroad who have a vote in the referendum. They interviewed 2 living in Spain. One had been there 20yrs & the other 12yrs.They said if we left the EU it would affect there rights under EU rules, i.e.,health,travel etc. In other words they will be voting for what affects them personally, not what affects the U.K. which is what the referendum is about
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PetBazaar View Post
    They do seem like reasonable assumptions though.

I'm guessing that the EU doesn't make it hard for Germany to sell cars to China or the US, so why would they make it hard for Germany to sell cars to the UK? They might however make it harder for the UK to sell cars to Germany with a resulting negative effect on our manufacturing economy.
    no its not a reasonable assumption

i said nothing would change in the import of cars to the uk why have you deliberately misquoted me by saying " why would they make it hard for germany to sell cars to the uk" i said "
    ",i think youl find there will be very little change with trading with the eu"

About a fifth of all cars produced in Germany last year, or around 820,000 vehicles, were exported to the UK, making it the single biggest destination by volume.
    By contrast, Greece accounted for just 0.3 per cent of German car exports last year.
    Matthias Wissmann, president of the VDA, Germany’s automotive industry association, said in Berlin on Thursday: “Keeping Britain in the EU is more significant than keeping Greece in the euro.”
    The carmakers’ intervention comes at a time when German manufacturers are increasingly concerned about the risk of Brexit.

youd also be wrong about the usa its the second largest importer to the eu,

id say we are more important to the eu than they are to us

half of whats left that we do produce goes outside the eu, since the eu interfered with the exports to russia we lost a lot of trade ,in that area, NOT ONLY CARS but agricultural produce too,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sheffieldtony View Post
    This morning on my local radio station, they said there 5,000000 + ex pats living abroad who have a vote in the referendum. They interviewed 2 living in Spain. One had been there 20yrs & the other 12yrs.They said if we left the EU it would affect there rights under EU rules, i.e.,health,travel etc. In other words they will be voting for what affects them personally, not what affects the U.K. which is what the referendum is about
    there freeloaders anyway, if they cant afford to live out there and pay there way, according to the rules of the country , why should they have free whatever when they have not paid into that country's system , we moan enough about freeloaders here , it should be the same for us abroad, over stretching another country's wealthfare system is wrong

Forum Diehard
    All-About PetBazaar
    Forum Posts

i said nothing would change in the import of cars to the uk why have you deliberately misquoted me by saying " why would they make it hard for germany to sell cars to the uk" i said ",i think youl find there will be very little change with trading with the eu"

Your own words, I believe
    "how are german car manufactures going to react if the eu tries to block trade with the uk"

But I suppose it is possible that I misquoted you by quoting, at the start of my reply, exactly what you said and then asking a question without further quoting you at all?

youd also be wrong about the usa its the second largest importer to the eu,
    My own words
    "I'm guessing that the EU doesn't make it hard for Germany to sell cars to China or the US,"

That's all I said about the USA, feel free to tell me which part is wrong.
    Last edited by PetBazaar; 8th June 2016 at 02:24 PM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sheffieldtony View Post
    If they have lived abroad more than 15 years they get no vote anyway - which is right as they have clearly severed their connection with the UK even though they retain nationality. Less than 15 years and they can vote and their vote has the same weight as anyone else's. Personally I would have set the figure lower than the 15 years to be eligible to vote.

Many (maybe the majority) will vote on silly self serving issues such as cheaper holidays (if some claims are to believed), mobile roaming charges, quicker travel through customs, etc.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PetBazaar View Post
    Your own words, I believe
    "how are german car manufactures going to react if the eu tries to block trade with the uk"

But I suppose it is possible that I misquoted you by quoting, at the start of my reply, exactly what you said and then asking a question without further quoting you at all?

My own words
    "I'm guessing that the EU doesn't make it hard for Germany to sell cars to China or the US,"

That's all I said about the USA, feel free to tell me which part is wrong.

i was wrong it does not appear the eu makes it hard to export cars to usa its about 21% , i still dont see what that has to do with the uk, considering the usa exports more cars to the eu, so what, id be more interested in second cat, vehicles imported into the uk from the commonwealth and japan

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

What's the betting that those who tried to make an application to get on the voting register in the last couple of hours, and found they couldn't due to the site crashing, are going to be the same idiots that spill out of the bar and turn up at the polling station half an hour before polling closes and then complain when they can't all get in?

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Would that be the tea lady?.....lol
    About the only person who's word I would be willing to take. I don't believe what any politician says.

Forum Diehard
    All-About PetBazaar
    Forum Posts

i was wrong it does not appear the eu makes it hard to export cars to usa its about 21% , i still dont see what that has to do with the uk, considering the usa exports more cars to the eu, so what, id be more interested in second cat, vehicles imported into the uk from the commonwealth and japan

I guess where I'm coming from is that the EU won't do anything to make selling from the EU to the UK more difficult. They may however make it harder for the UK to sell to EU so UK business would probably lose out. The UK would presumably, under pressure from the press and pollsters, raise import duties on EU goods and then UK consumers would lose out.

The whole thing becomes moot if we're in the EEA but then we don't have control over borders.

The whole thing just doesn't quite square with the "out" narrative of border control and EU trade all being fine and dandy after an exit.

Thread Information