Thread: duplcate posts removed, but posted only once

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31680)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: duplcate posts removed, but posted only once

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    This also happened to me once - fortunately I caught it before it was re-purchased! I hope they get this fixed soon as I'm hesitant to list more items that I have to double check constantly and so Bill can get back to enjoying Thailand!!
    Support keep getting back to me with ever more detailed questions, so I think something is being taken seriously.

Not likely to stop me enjoying Thailand, in Bangkok for the weekend, and another fortnight before I get back to stuffing envelopes.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    Support keep getting back to me with ever more detailed questions, so I think something is being taken seriously.

Not likely to stop me enjoying Thailand, in Bangkok for the weekend, and another fortnight before I get back to stuffing envelopes.
    Glad to hear that the issue is not overshadowing your enjoyment Enjoy Bangkok!!!

Yes, it seems they are taking the issue seriously. I debated about sending them some info that I had researched over the weekend regarding duplicates and their reply included "We have automated systems that locate duplicates but welcome any input such as yours that help us locate any that are not picked up due to anomalies."

Let's just hope they can figure out what the anomalies are and get them fixed. In the meantime, I'm doing as Madelaine suggested and keeping track of my numbers! If it comes up "odd" I'll do the title search and send them a snapshot.

Enjoy an exotic cocktail in Bangkok for me

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just found a duplicate - it may have been my fault but why didn't the software pick it up?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Unfortunately, finding the duplicates is only half the problem. The other problem is when the repost in error is a sold item. I did a manual check of all my listings except the justpurrfect postcards & my stamps(just not practical with the numbers involved). Once again, today items which had already sold have been purchased and I've had to a)refund and b)look inefficient/stupid. I've ducked b by blaming ebid as I'm tired of taking the blame!
    Ive sold quite a few duplicates and like Madelaine i've had to cancel the sale or refund the buyer. Looks like i'm going to have to check my listings as a had to delete a duplicate knitting pattern yesterday. Also a dozen or so items that should be listed have vanished into the ether!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just been working on my relists. At the end of the list there were four items which had a note "Relisted on Tue 10 Jan 2017". When I checked all four items had already been relisted on Jan 10th. So why do they appear in my "Listings I Ran - Unsold" list with all the other items which did need relisting?
    It was "lucky" that I checked before relisting. I am very glad that I never click the seductive radio button which invites me to relist all my closed items in one go.
    Perhaps this kind of thing causes duplicate listing which cause problems.

Thread Information