Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Call for a reduction in the listing price to retain existing and potential buyers

Lightbulb Call for a reduction in the listing price to retain existing and potential buyers

I recommend considering a reduction in the selling price to retain buyers and stay competitive in the market. Adjusting the price could help attract more customers and improve overall sales.

To reduce the selling price effectively, we should first search for equivalent items on eBay before listing them on eBid. We can therefore set our price 10% to 20% lower than the current eBay selling price.

Default Re: Call for a reduction in the listing price to retain existing and potential buyers

add the "make an offer" to your listings - if a potential buyer feels the price is too high they will make you an offer

Default Re: Call for a reduction in the listing price to retain existing and potential buyers

Yes, true, agree.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31695)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MintTechUK View Post
    I recommend considering a reduction in the selling price to retain buyers and stay competitive in the market. Adjusting the price could help attract more customers and improve overall sales.

To reduce the selling price effectively, we should first search for equivalent items on eBay before listing them on eBid. We can therefore set our price 10% to 20% lower than the current eBay selling price.
    Agree completely. Ebid's charges allow me to undercut Ebay prices, that is why I no longer use Ebay.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Yeah, good point.

Compared to eBay, the items listed on eBid often have higher prices not lower. Recently, I searched for UK postage stamps. Still valid-for-post non-barcode 1st class stamps on eBid are asking for around face value, which is £1.35 each. In contrast, on eBay, you can find significant discounts, with bulk listings offering prices as low as £0.80 per stamp for a lot of 100 stamps, and sometimes even lower.

Thread Information