Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Bids

Question No Bids

I notice that there are many hundreds of items which people simply are not bidding for...anyone have any ideas why. Dare I mantion ebay...stuff gets serious bids on there.

Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
    View angelrose's Feedback (+7)
    All-About angelrose
    View angelrose's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just been on thay other auction site forum and everybody on there today is saying how bad sales are these days.

I think people only have so much money to spare these days that everywhere is quiet at the moment.

Smile

Hello,

Yes, I agree.

I have noticed a huge slow down in sales since Christmas.
    We sell on all the major auction sites and have a website too.

Usually sales would pick up towards the end of January.

On Ebid we are averaging 1 sale per day.
    This is not noticable to others because the customers here 'buy it now' and the item is immediately relisted for sale - as we are the manufacturer.

So.. as I'm waiting around for some more sales I'm scouting around for more places to sell, expanding our range and trying to improve our adverts.

Good luck and have fun!

Best regards,
    Gareth
    Secretstock
    Click here to see all of our Ebid items - PVC lingerie, shimmering clubwear, Leather, chains, bikinis, hot pants, mobile telephone accessories and more. Trade and retail enquiries are most welcome.

At this moment in time there are nearly 600 auctions with bids on http://uk.ebid.tv/busy.php add the byNow auctions that will not show in the search, now thats not bad for a predominately UK auction site.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angelrose
    Just been on thay other auction site forum and everybody on there today is saying how bad sales are these days.

I think people only have so much money to spare these days that everywhere is quiet at the moment.
    Also, don't forget that all the tsunami donating has caused a blip in peoples cash flows as well - at a time when they traditionally have all the Christmas credit card bills to contend with

so that'll mean a longer recovery period for post-Christmas spending than normal

Exclamation No Bids

Perhaps one reason is that in many cases the same item can be purchased on Ebay or another site for much less !!!! Realistic prices mean more bids = more sales.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pi4321
    Perhaps one reason is that in many cases the same item can be purchased on Ebay or another site for much less !!!! Realistic prices mean more bids = more sales.
    Even eBay users are turning to a more retail orientated sales model - incresing the % of listings that are fixed price BIN listings - both through eBay shops and auction-side listings

That means that prices are generally increasing over there because people are listing at the price they want to sell at, rather than at a loss-leading start price in the hope of attracting enough bids to go beyond desired price.

eBid, has always had a strong BIN usage because it's free to include a BIN price (unlike eBay where you are charged for adding it to an auction listing) so people here naturally offer a small difference between auction start price and grab-it-now BIN price. Also the historically lower number of users meant less chance of a bidding war, so start prices are higher anyway to be sure of getting desired price - as more buyers begin using the site, start prices should drop, but BIN prices will remain constant.

Natural Market Dynamics after all, and why I'm now starting to drop BIN prices on many of my items - so that new users can see more items with bids on them and hopefully then bid themselves.

I have just been looking around after my last visit a few months ago. I was looking for an alternative site to sell on. I wont use the dark side I use QXL.co.uk instead. It's always been a smaller community than feebay but sales are fairly regular. I wouldn't say spectaculor, slow but steady. Obviuously there are fees but again less than feebay. ( I hope I am allowed to put this on here as it is my first post ) I will definately keep an eye on this site as you have some very nice things listed and good prices. I must first of all read up on everything I need to know. Any tips or advice would be great.

I wish you all happy auctions

)

btw how do I add an avatar please? I like the forum here it does look mighty busy )

I have looked at QXL briefly and I would say in my opinion that ebid has more members and more items for sale. I know QXL has been here longer (1997)and I would say that it gets more publicity than ebid but I think people who have more sucess selling items on here than QXL. It is more of a ghost town.

Thread Information