eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 interviews with 1 company, still not been offered job yet!

Default 3 interviews with 1 company, still not been offered job yet!

I've been doing the job interview circuit over the last month, looking for a change. I've been quite lucky, in as much as of the 4 companies i've considered, 1 has offered me the job (but I turned it down), and 2 have invited me back for 2nd interview (still pending). The question I have relates to the 4th company, who have now interviewed me three times. 1st interview with Sales Director and Sales Manager, followed by psychometric testing, 2nd interview with MD, 3rd interview yesterday with Sales Director and Manager again, including some "on the job" type assessments.

I was fully expecting an offer yesterday, but at the end of the assessment type stuff (which was observed by the Sales Manager, and obviously "passed") - she just shook my hand, thanked me for coming in and told me they'd be in touch in the next few days!

Have the days entirely gone when you had an interview, bit your nails for a couple of days and then either got an offer or a "thanks but no thanks" letter?

Why do employers now want you to jump through so many hoops?

How many interviews do these people need?

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can tell can't you when the letter plops on the mat, as to the thickness or thinness of the envelope. If you have or you haven't.

Been there before, it's a nightmare,
    Good luck, and leave the nails alone, lol won't look good if you get the job.

I think these days it is so bluddy hard to sack someone for being legitimately useless (human rights, unions, appeals etc...you are sacking me because of my religion/colour etc...) that employers want to make sure that they employ the right person the first time around - not ot mention the expense of training, advertising, time spent in interviews every time you have to look for a replacement bod.

I think 3 interviews and still no answer at the end of it is a bit mad though ! They could have at least gone off to confer between themselves and ask you to wait for 10 minutes even? TORTURE CHAMBER FOR YOU MATEY !! Best of luck... hope you get good news SOON (and not another invitation to another interview to make sure the cleaner likes the look of you)

And I am no way saying that unions shouldn't be involved in employment problems BTW - been there and done it myself and quite successfully too!
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

I think if I'm asked to go back again, I'm going to charge them ruddy expenses!! To be honest, if they haven't made their mind up after spending 5 hours plus in total interviewing, testing and assessing me, then I don't think I want the job!!!!

It's not like I'm going for chairman of ICI or anything!
    Last edited by videoshopruabon; 10th March 2006 at 04:39 PM.

Shame they are not so thorough when it comes to hiring staff for schools ay.
    Maybe you would be in charge of cash ? Cus they do tend to rate that much HIGHER than they do children ...
    Good Luck anyway, if you think that is the job for you.

Makes me wonder if they are just seeing how far they can push you before you crack...not a good company to work for in that case.

if a company made me go through that i think i would think to tell them to stuff if......what they after??? blood?? acting as if they doing you a favour? bad attitude for a company - surefire clue to them asking for your soul and more once in employment..........perhaps their hr department is trying to make themselves seem worth it - internal politics etc.....sod them is my advice not that youre asking for it lol

There are many problems when it comes to hiring & firing - it is almost impossible to fire people these days - I've seen examples of gross misconduct where the member of staff is given extra chances to prove themselves. I know of cases where staff don't do their jobs properly & are given loads of extra help to perform up to standard - yet they sit through interviews & fill in forms, all the while saying that they can do the job.
    I had one instance where a guy turned out to be almost illiterate - his wife had filled in the application form for him & for weeks he'd used the 'I haven't got my reading glasses' excuse so his workmates filled in forms for him.

It puts loads of extra pressure on team mates when an incompetent is sent away for extra training to do something they swore blind they could do at interview.

BTW
    Good luck with the interview.
    Nowt here so don't bother looking

SEARCHING for ET

Anything in the post this morning ViD???
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Thread Information