Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: eBid V4 Suggestions

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Forum Posting Times

Hi, Would it be possible to reconfigure the times stated on the website into the 24 hour clock please. IMO this would make it easier to find the newer postings.

Also on the listings, would it be possible to separate the times from the dates, as they currently blend into one.

From what I have seen of the new site it is a massive improvement. Although I haven't done any listings or buying yet.

Thanks - a job well done!
    Last edited by lofty100e; 21st March 2007 at 02:31 PM. Reason: bad spelling
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bearsden06's Feedback (+26)
    All-About Bearsden06
    View Bearsden06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default low feedback rating

First dont even know if I am in the right place someone gave me a link from auctions

On clicking on to the dark glasses next to our ID Bearsden 06 a small window opened up saying low feedback rating I think this can be taken both ways .
    Put yourself in the shoes of a new buyer to e bid and the first seller they click on it states low feedback rating ,is this due to bad service bad goods whatever,Would you go any further with that seller?
    So you try another one and the same message comes up,your potential new buyer is already having second thoughts and will probably walk away thinking its the same as feebay and paypal with all the problems there.
    Its that first look that is most important.
    Suggestion if its possable could that window text be changed to new seller and also with green back ground as this colour will put a buyer at ease.
    The reason I suggest green background I did an experiment once put a white chalk line on the grass in front of my stall at a show no one would step over that line to come into my stall.so little things matter a great deal
    Bearsden06
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/secondtime-books Still trying to find that elusive book why not visit us we may just have it.=For other collectables come and see us at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/DudleysCollectables

Forum Lurker
    View artlandish's Feedback (+19)
    All-About artlandish
    View artlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Yes, I agree that colour is definitely a factor (Whether consciously or unconsciously) that influences a buyer. I read somewhere that green is the colour of greed! (in a good way - it makes you want more!) I think that's why on the dark side, when an item gets it's first bid, the colour of the bid amount changes from red to green - and it gets the seller all excited!! :-)

Forum Lurker
    All-About artlandish
    Forum Posts

When we go to "list a similar item", would it be possible to allow for the changing of the category into a completely different top level category?

For eg, I'm selling a books - non-fiction. I then decide I want to sell furniture - chair. I would like to use "list similar item" to list the chair, but I can't change the category from BOOKS to FURNITURE.

Hope I'm making sense, but it would make listing a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by artlandish View Post
    When we go to "list a similar item", would it be possible to allow for the changing of the category into a completely different top level category?

For eg, I'm selling a books - non-fiction. I then decide I want to sell furniture - chair. I would like to use "list similar item" to list the chair, but I can't change the category from BOOKS to FURNITURE.

Hope I'm making sense, but it would make listing a lot easier.
    It wouldn't really make listing easier as you'd have to take out the book info & write the chair description, you can set up defaults for the info you want to put into your auctions, like terms & conditions etc.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Forum Lurker
    All-About artlandish
    Forum Posts

I don't mind changing the description and all the defaults stay the same. I just want to change the category. I think I'm not explaining it properly.

If you look at Ebay's "sell a similar item" page, you will see that the category can be changed. The difference is that on the Ebay form, you can change the ENTIRE category, whereas on the Ebid form, you can only change the sub-category and not the main category as well. So if you have a completely different item from the one you listed originally, you have to start from scratch with a new listing(Even if the other defaults are set)

If you are a seller who sells very similar types of items, then it would not be an issue. But if you sell different things in very different categories, it can be a bit inconvenient.

Does anyone else understand what I'm getting at? Sorry, a bit hard to explain.

Forum Lurker
    All-About artlandish
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bearsden06 View Post
    First dont even know if I am in the right place someone gave me a link from auctions

On clicking on to the dark glasses next to our ID Bearsden 06 a small window opened up saying low feedback rating I think this can be taken both ways .
    Put yourself in the shoes of a new buyer to e bid and the first seller they click on it states low feedback rating ,is this due to bad service bad goods whatever,Would you go any further with that seller?
    So you try another one and the same message comes up,your potential new buyer is already having second thoughts and will probably walk away thinking its the same as feebay and paypal with all the problems there.
    Its that first look that is most important.
    Suggestion if its possable could that window text be changed to new seller and also with green back ground as this colour will put a buyer at ease.
    The reason I suggest green background I did an experiment once put a white chalk line on the grass in front of my stall at a show no one would step over that line to come into my stall.so little things matter a great deal
    Bearsden06
    I have to agree that "low feedback rating" has negative connotations. Especially when it's a pair of really dark glasses/shades! (Connotations = VERY SHADY and not to be trusted!!)

View slinkyri's Feedback (+2931)
    All-About slinkyri
    View slinkyri's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't mind changing the description and all the defaults stay the same. I just want to change the category. I think I'm not explaining it properly.

If you look at Ebay's "sell a similar item" page, you will see that the category can be changed. The difference is that on the Ebay form, you can change the ENTIRE category, whereas on the Ebid form, you can only change the sub-category and not the main category as well. So if you have a completely different item from the one you listed originally, you have to start from scratch with a new listing(Even if the other defaults are set)

If you are a seller who sells very similar types of items, then it would not be an issue. But if you sell different things in very different categories, it can be a bit inconvenient.

Does anyone else understand what I'm getting at? Sorry, a bit hard to explain.
    yes I do and it's something that has come up for me in the past. I just didn't remember it at all until now - I agree that it would be an extremely good option to have.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default My Defaults

Yes, I agree that colour is definitely a factor (Whether consciously or unconsciously) that influences a buyer. I read somewhere that green is the colour of greed! (in a good way - it makes you want more!) I think that's why on the dark side, when an item gets it's first bid, the colour of the bid amount changes from red to green - and it gets the seller all excited!! :-)
    My interpretation was that it follows traffic signals, red for stop green for go.

Could the defaults be changed enabling us to decide which page is the first to be shown on the "my eBid page"; at the moment it is set to what has been bought, but I would prefer it to concentrate on sales.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

To update your favicon from the old logo to the new

Thread Information