Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: When did this happen?

Exclamation When did this happen?

Did they change it?

I thought that you could have several stores and they were free When did a monthly fee happen?

Taken from FAQs

As long as you have upgraded to Seller+ you can open your store straight away. There are NO extra monthly fees for opening your initial eBid Store, all costs are included within your Seller+ subscription fee.
    Upload a logo, add a store title, create your categories and colours and set your store to "Online" and you are set. Upload auctions the same way you would normally and you will see an extra drop down menu allowing you to choose the category which the auction will be allocated to in your store.
    All auctions in eBid Stores are shown as normal within our search and browse pages. You can open subsequent stores for a minimal monthly fee. If you set your subsequent stores to "Offline" you will not be rebilled at the end of the current month.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I wasn't aware of that particular change, but most (if not all) of the Platinum (now Seller+) facilities are now available to Silver (now Seller) members for a fee. As you probably know when Gold was withdrawn it left a very large gap between silver and platinum. So this is a sensible option to me. I presume though that people can't open more than 5 (limit for Seller+); although lauraac somehow managed to get 13 running at one time, before she retired.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

alyak46141414

That's news to me, if in fact that is correct there are going to be some angery peeps here.

I was going to open another store, and happened to look in the FAQs and thats what I found.

Oh well change of plan I suppose

I think you should wait for clarification from Support on that one.

It seems to me that the confusion could have been caused when we moved from the old terms of Bronze, Silver and Platinum to Seller+ (etc). Chances are the guys merely did a global Search and Replace on the names and that has resulted in a less-than-clear policy in the FAQ. I can't see how they could start charging for extra stores as well as a full lifetime Seller+ subscription and especially not without consultation or warning. So I recommend giving them a chance to sort this issue before giving up on the extra stores.

Has anyone contacted them directly to ask, yet?
    Last edited by damian_steele; 26th October 2007 at 06:46 PM.

When I signed up to seller+ (about 2 weeks ago) I think it said I was allowed 5 free stores. So I guess this is not as it might seem at first. IE a seller+ is allowed 5 free stores and pays for any more than that. Thats my guess.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd agree with inversions. Seller+, having taken the place of platinum, allows for 5 stores and then subsequent ones are billed. That's the way I read it when I check in 'my Stores'. And even if they did change the terms of seller+ membership, it shouldn't affect anyone who joined previous to the date of changes.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Seller+ allows 5 free stores.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn