eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great news from Google Checkout!!

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    I've had about 15 payments using google checkout.
    Did you know you can set up discount coupons for your own items using the google tools? I've set up a coupon where if a buyer spends £5.00 on my auctions ( before P & P) and they enter a special code , they get £1.00 discount automatically. Google recognises my 'one per user' instruction and google keeps stats on how much take up there is for the offer.
    You can base your coupon on % discounts, and you have more than one type of coupon available at a time- I''ve not tried that yet though.

If a few of us were offering this type of discount/incentive, maybe more buyers would sign up for google checkout?
    I've just been to set up a coupon and they have discontinued the % discount option for the UK members. You have to state an amount in GBP...so I had to say £1 off items £5+...

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DSTechnologies View Post
    Its fine for all you UK and US sellers... but Google Check dont work for anywhere else yet... when's it gonna be available in Ostralya and other countries??
    Hi everyone!

I think it's available for Buyers in other countries, but not Sellers yet, which seems a shame. The quicker GC goes fully international, the better, and then they'll really give Paypay a run for their money!

Quote from the GC page:- Buyers from the U.K., U.S. and many other countries outside the United Kingdom and United States can sign up for the service and make purchases (in Pounds Sterling or U.S. dollars) through Google Checkout.

I've had 20-odd Buyers using GC with me, and no problems at all. I also read, (although I've since read the contrary too!), that in the top 200 online retailers, 13% are usuing GC, and 10% are using PP. Obviously have to take this with a pinch of salt, but if it is correct....well.

Wishing everyone all the best for the New Year,

Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+90)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    I wonder if that's a feature that could be added to the site? Obviously it would have to be fairly crude, e.g. add extra para at start of all auctions, add extra para at end of all auctions -- I can't think of any other variations on position that would be reasonable and safe. And there could be options such as apply to all auctions, or apply only to auctions within selected major or minor categories.
    It would be nice but in the mean time why not add some white blank .gif's to your listing template then just update the pic with what you want to say.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750 View Post
    It would be nice but in the mean time why not add some white blank .gif's to your listing template then just update the pic with what you want to say.

Good idea, thanks, I'll try it. Means I have to think ahead, bit tricky for me, but worth a go!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information