Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: offer an incentive to those who sell to new members

Default Suggestion: offer an incentive to those who sell to new members

Apologies if this idea has been raised before.

My two most recent sales were both to new eBid users (yay me!).

I can't know for certain, but I think that they may have come from this page on my own website (apologies for the off-site link, but it's necessary to highlight the point).

Might it be worth considering offering an incentive to sellers of items to new eBid members, to encourage two types of activity:

1. off-site promotion of eBid (such as mine) and
    2. especially appealing listings, i.e. ones that encourage non-members to sign up in order to buy from eBid

?

[edit: yep, I've just realised that eBid should come before eBay on that web page - I'm just off to fix it...]
    Last edited by sdk; 30th January 2008 at 03:50 PM.
    Why use QWERTY? Get Broadband for your Fingers with Dvorak SKL!

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sdk View Post
    Apologies if this idea has been raised before.

Might it be worth considering offering an incentive to sellers of items to new eBid members, to encourage two types of activity:

1. off-site promotion of eBid (such as mine) and
    2. especially appealing listings, i.e. ones that encourage non-members to sign up in order to buy from eBid
    I would have thought the incentive would be covered by the provision of the buddy points.
    1.Surely anyone who sells on eBid does this as a matter of course.Every forum I belong to has a link back to my store (If allowed) Google my username & you'll see what I mean.
    2.If you sell on other sites,tell your customers that it's available cheaper on here.I have a picture that I use on feebay occasionally.I'll try & find it & post on here.

All-About bluebedouin
    Forum Posts

Found the pic.The reason I use a picture is because it doesn't get picked up by feebays software as a link.Okay,I don't run a business so don't rely on the income from sales.I can afford to be banned from feebay!

I insert the relevant id number as & when I use it.

All-About bluebedouin
    Forum Posts

I also have a header which I print on to all my envelopes,parcels etc.Please feel free to copy & use.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    I would have thought the incentive would be covered by the provision of the buddy points.
    I'm thinking of something above and beyond the buddy points system - although maybe 'double buddy points' might be enough.

I'm still fairly new here, and with so much else to pick up, I have to admit that learning about the buddy points thing hasn't been at the top of my list of priorities. Are you saying that this already does what I'm talking about? If so, then this is one relative newcomer who's unaware of that.

The - totally obvious - point is that the faster we can attract more members... the faster we can attract more members.

Rewarding sellers who gain new members can only help the snowball effect.
    Why use QWERTY? Get Broadband for your Fingers with Dvorak SKL!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sdk View Post
    I'm thinking of something above and beyond the buddy points system - although maybe 'double buddy points' might be enough.

I'm still fairly new here, and with so much else to pick up, I have to admit that learning about the buddy points thing hasn't been at the top of my list of priorities. Are you saying that this already does what I'm talking about? If so, then this is one relative newcomer who's unaware of that.

The - totally obvious - point is that the faster we can attract more members... the faster we can attract more members.

Rewarding sellers who gain new members can only help the snowball effect.
    I like the idea. Virtually all my buyers are new to eBid. The problem is that they often don't leave feedback so no buddy points (unless they sign up through me ).

I've set up an adsense account hoping that I might get £35 for referring a seller+ lifetime member, but I can't work out how to get the links for ebid for my site. Anyone else tried it?

I have my buddy link button on a lot of my auctions, and most of my buyers are new, but more often than not they click on 'buy it now' rather than my link - I might have to offer them a free gift for joining through my link.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi TC, I was unaware that I could pick up an eBid link via Google Ad Sense, or have I misread? Can you point me in the direction of the details please? It's a bit annoying, as I use Google Adsense and have just noticed that my most recent referral must have decided to sign up for a Seller+ account!!
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Hi NYK

This is what is said in the newsletter:

Want to earn some money? We are now offering £35 for each new user you send us that takes a Seller+ Lifetime account. This is available via Google Adsense, login to your account and pick up our CPA (cost per action) text ads and get that cash rolling in.

.....but I can't work out how to do it. - it might be me that has mis-read it.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmm... typical! Something new comes along that could really help drive new customers to eBid and there's nobody about to tell us how to implement it! If I understand it correctly, it seems to say that anyone who has their ownw website and is a member of google Adsense can pick up an eBid advert from Google Adsense and earn £35 for any Seller+ sign-ups through their link. I think. It still lacks any sort of clear explanation, in my opinion, and just highlights the fact that we all need access to the relevant facts. The newsletters just aren't getting through - mine still hasn't arrived Had to get it forwarded to me by another eBidder, again. (Thanks Rednosty.)
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Thread Information