eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for an alternative auction site!

Smile Thanks for an alternative auction site!

I've been listing auctions for a number of years on Ebay, but quite frankly their policies and fees have gotten WAY out of hand. The need for a quality auction site that cares about its members is now..more than ever...a focus in the online auction community.

I started membership here a while back when Yahoo auctions was dismantled and you offered the transfer of their feedback to here with a new membership. I didn't want the positive feedback I had accumulated there to disappear...so your site certainly filled a need!

I plan to shift my Ebay business here and have begun listing a few things to get started on your site. Your site design works very well and the listing page is simple..effective...and efficient. Great job.

Oh..a quick followup question that perhaps someone could answer. If I end up moving here completely..can my Ebay feedback record follow me as well? Currently, it's around 1300(all positive). I'd hate to let that buildup just vanish.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starwatcher View Post
    Oh..a quick followup question that perhaps someone could answer. If I end up moving here completely..can my Ebay feedback record follow me as well? Currently, it's around 1300(all positive). I'd hate to let that buildup just vanish.
    Sadly feebay don't allow it. But you could mention it on your 'about me' page

You could do what I do and have a little image showing my previous ebay stats, just look at one of my listings.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Wink using Ebay feedback stats here

Thanks for the suggestion, Ken. I'll probably do just that ..make a copy of my Ebay stats and post them here. Ebay may think they own my feedback...but they have another thing coming.

The smae as they think they own your customers, they don't, "We are just a venue" they cry so in that case they aren't ebay's customers
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Wink using Ebay feedback

I copied my Ebay screen that shows feedback and it worked great. I now have the file on my computer to use as I wish....and where I wish.

Ebay lost a ton of sellers with their latest asinine policy change. What seller would stay there when they now will be denying sellers the abilityto leave a negative to a buyer(sellers will HAVE to leave all buyers a positive when entering feedback)?...even if the buyer was a confirmed nonpaying bidder and was an awful person to deal with?...Oh yea, but the buyer CAN leave a negative feedback for a seller??!!

Can you imagine the feedback extortion that will be growing like weeds on Ebay in the near future?

Angry did i get this wrong

I just joined ebid because it said it was free to list stuff and you only pay commision on sales. I have just been billed for £3.00 for 3 items I listed at 99p each which didn't sell
    I am steaming mad !!!!!!
    any body else had this problem?????????

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mollypoppet View Post
    I just joined ebid because it said it was free to list stuff and you only pay commision on sales. I have just been billed for £3.00 for 3 items I listed at 99p each which didn't sell
    I am steaming mad !!!!!!
    NOW PLEASE
    when you listed these items did you check the auction format in which you posted them ????????????? I SUGGEST NOT every time you submit a auction it gives you choices to check or tick now if you have not ticked free auction then sorry but it is your mistake it ONLY TAKES A MINUTE TO CHECK THROUGH WHAT YOUR SUBMITTING , YOU CANNOT BLAME EBID FOR YOU NOT LOOKING

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mollypoppet View Post
    I am steaming mad !!!!!!
    I'm guessing you've accidently listed the items as 'featured' instead of free.
    Email support@ebid.tv to exlain you didn't intend to select the 'featured' option, they may refund the fees as a goodwill thing.
    Then go to your 'my defaults' area under 'my ebid' and make sure you have the 'free' box set for your defaults.

Thread Information