Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade And Start Selling Today-Problem

Forum Newbie
    View Cutmetal's Feedback (+3)
    All-About Cutmetal
    View Cutmetal's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Upgrade And Start Selling Today-Problem

I made a payment for Lifetime Seller through PayPal on Friday Feb 8th.
    For $79.99... I was wanting to start selling that night, as your site said upgrade to Seller+ and start selling right away. I have not received any confirmation from you or a password for upgraded status. I checked PayPal and they look like they are not clearing the payment until the 13th. I'm losing 5 days before I can start selling. Now your site says that if I upgrade within 48hrs. it will only be $49.... I have a credit and debit card...and if I had known that PayPal was going to cause a delay in activating my account I would not have used them. Now I'm losing a week on starting. I tried to cancel the PayPal order but they don't let you.So I wanted to use my credit card now ...but
    I also don't want to mess up accounting with you...IE paid $79...thru paypal...but now, "TODAY to start", pay $49..on credit card...and then get a credit back from you for the PayPal order? I guess I will never use PayPal again if this
    is how they work.Who wants their orders delayed an extra 5 days? What do I do to get started now? And get the $49 special? Thanks Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Cutmetal View Post
    I made a payment for Lifetime Seller through PayPal on Friday Feb 8th.
    For $79.99... I was wanting to start selling that night, as your site said upgrade to Seller+ and start selling right away. I have not received any confirmation from you or a password for upgraded status. I checked PayPal and they look like they are not clearing the payment until the 13th. I'm losing 5 days before I can start selling. Now your site says that if I upgrade within 48hrs. it will only be $49.... I have a credit and debit card...and if I had known that PayPal was going to cause a delay in activating my account I would not have used them. Now I'm losing a week on starting. I tried to cancel the PayPal order but they don't let you.So I wanted to use my credit card now ...but
    I also don't want to mess up accounting with you...IE paid $79...thru paypal...but now, "TODAY to start", pay $49..on credit card...and then get a credit back from you for the PayPal order? I guess I will never use PayPal again if this
    is how they work.Who wants there orders delayed an extra 5 days? What do I do to get started now? And get the $49 special? Thanks Rick
    Hi Rick welcome to eBid, It might be best if you contact support directly on this one
    support@ebid.tv hopefully they can sort it out for you.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Newbie
    All-About Cutmetal
    View Cutmetal's Listings
    Forum Posts

I already did ... and they asked at the closing window to post it to the forum so if any others had the same problem they could follow it here.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't understand how paypal can hold your money for 5 days before passing it to ebid - but nothing surprises me with paypal

this had me worried so went and looked in my paypal account.
    Date:
    10 Feb. 2008
    Time:
    17:37:09 GMT
    Completed
    so it would seem that paypal have paid ebid for lifetime seller.

Click on the Banner to go to my Store

http://uk.four.ebid.net/stores/Wizzy-Movie-Store

Forum Newbie
    All-About Cutmetal
    View Cutmetal's Listings
    Forum Posts

Order Description:
    Shopping Cart
    Item Total:
    $79.99 USD
    Shipping:
    $0.00 USD
    Handling:
    $0.00 USD

Total Amount:
    -$79.99 USD

Date:
    Feb. 8, 2008
    Time:
    22:05:49 PST
    Uncleared (Expected Clearing Date: Feb. 13, 2008)

Direct Payment and Virtual Terminal transactions are not covered by PayPal's seller protection policies and programs. Learn More

Set up your fraud management filters

Business Contact Information

Customer Service Email: ebid@ebid.net
    Customer Service Phone: +44 2081231082

Funding Type:
    eCheck

The above is from the PayPal online receipt from my order..... Notice Date of order...but clearing date by PayPal...Now if I had used my Debit card or credit card I would have had my account that night. So I am not upset with Ebid...other than that they should make that information available at the method of payment...IE: If paying by PayPal your account will not have immediate access... access will be delayed until PayPal clears payment. So if you want immediate access pay by your card or debit card.
    Again...this is unacceptable delay by PayPal to me for online transactions.
    Why use them , my card has fraud protection...so whats the benefit?

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, that sounds more like an echeque, where peepal claim the money from your bank account first!

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

It sounds as though members wanting to upgrade and start selling immediately should only pay the subscription via paypal if they have cleared funds in their paypal account. The alternative is to pay directly with a credit/debit card.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Cutmetal
    View Cutmetal's Listings
    Forum Posts

It was a direct access to my bank account, via debit card to PayPal....
    So there is no excuse about weekend delay... not in the electronic area. Everyone else clears my account the same day...why not PayPal?
    Or at least send the order immediately to ebid, get me up and running...then if my funds weren't there, then ebid could shut down the account. What would be a better customer relation move...

1.Tell me to sign up and get instant access.... but then make me wait 5 days for PayPal, which is promoted on the site as a payment gateway, or

2. Give me instant access on good faith that the order was good and funds where there... and if not shut down the account 5 days later for non-payment?

So the longer I am sitting here frustrated at having placed my order in good faith, using PayPal which was one of ebids recommended payment methods, and not getting the promised ebid account access the more upset I am getting... and to add insult to injury, now offer a $30 discount
    if I sign up in the next 48 hrs.... but I can't even access the account I signed up for last Friday...& maybe have to wait until Tuesday the 13th. to access the account.... No I will not ever use PayPal again.

Forum Lurker
    View cvd's Feedback (+10)
    All-About cvd
    View cvd's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmmm, mine went through right away

Thread Information