eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal will be only method on feeby.

Default Paypal will be only method on feeby.

Fact, or near as fact.

2nd to last paragraph of the main story on this page

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/17/technology/17ebay.html?_r=3&ref=business&oref=slogin&oref=slo gin&oref=slogin

Expected to be within months

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

if anyone wants to pay me via paypal now i charge them for items under £10.00 as it is a waste of my time else 25p fee then % of everything = item , p&p ,
    sorry but p&p is nothing to do with paypal it should be taken into account

so now if peeps want me to accept paypal under £10.00 they pay the first 30p

Most my sales are under a tenner and if i charged extra for paypal i wouldant have a customer left.
    The person that spends 3.00 today may spend 20.00 another day if happy.

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Most my sales are under a tenner and if i charged extra for paypal i wouldant have a customer left.
    The person that spends 3.00 today may spend 20.00 another day if happy.
    but my profit margins are wiped out if someone buys a single item eg: had someone buy one item of makeup £1.29 my profit on that item was £0.24 they paid by paypal i lost 12p , sorry but just not worth my while selling at a loss on every item i can sell for more on carboots same item sells with ease at £1.70 on car boots don`t forget i offer free p&p on most of my new items so i am also losing money from paypal on that too

What I'm sick of is all this bulljive about Paypal being "safer", with all the "security".

I bought several items totalling about £85 from a Belgian seller in December - the couriers managed to lose the parcel (NEVER use Parceline. For anything.) Having paid for insurance, I contacted the seller about claiming it.. no response. Eventually I went filed a Paypal claim, and guess what? Because he could provide tracking info, he was under no obligation to refund me. Despite it being insured.

I've had a few other issues I'm not going to go into, but suffice to say if you sent a cheque you'd be no worse off. In fact the seller's probably less likely to con you because you've got their full address.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Specimen17-Trading - For all your Transformer needs, figures and accessories old and new.

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Specimen-17 View Post
    What I'm sick of is all this bulljive about Paypal being "safer", with all the "security".

I bought several items totalling about £85 from a Belgian seller in December - the couriers managed to lose the parcel (NEVER use Parceline. For anything.) Having paid for insurance, I contacted the seller about claiming it.. no response. Eventually I went filed a Paypal claim, and guess what? Because he could provide tracking info, he was under no obligation to refund me. Despite it being insured.

I've had a few other issues I'm not going to go into, but suffice to say if you sent a cheque you'd be no worse off. In fact the seller's probably less likely to con you because you've got their full address.
    yup i agree i detest paypal sorry i have never liked using it been conned once with a big charge back even though i showed proof of posting and 4 emails from buyer STATING THEY RECIEVED ITEM was happy with it and last email stating thanks for the free items i am making a chargeback

i would sooner lose customers than keep lining wepays pockets

View onlinegifts's Feedback (+501)
    All-About onlinegifts
    View onlinegifts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry paypal

stopped using this after being ripped off again last month - buyer returned goods after making false claim of faulty...he had just won a cheaper one than mine so made a claim on paypal o get his money back, I never recieved it back but he had tracking so paypal took his side...no suprise their,I lost my item and he got a full refund, still fighting with couriers to find my tracked item that isn't on the system now ebay insit you accept paypal on ALL UK listings
    and after beeing ripped of too many times I am never going to use them again, lost alot of money to paypal in 3 years due to stolen credit cards...these can be charged back to you after 6mths of sale, tracking doesn't cont even if buyer leaves feedback to say happy with purchase
    non receipt of untracked goods, my fault for not charging extra for tracking...but even if tracked paypal can take buters side.
    Shut shop on Ebay now and fully moving over here, hope more do the same as I do buy alot of items on line and hopefully more ebay sellers will list on here and I can buy everything I want on Ebid.
    grumble over and on a very positive side
    Even sold 2 items last month on Ebid and I only have a small number of items listed.

Quote Originally Posted by onlinegifts View Post
    stopped using this after being ripped off again last month - buyer returned goods after making false claim of faulty...he had just won a cheaper one than mine so made a claim on paypal o get his money back, I never recieved it back but he had tracking so paypal took his side...no suprise their,I lost my item and he got a full refund, still fighting with couriers to find my tracked item that isn't on the system now ebay insit you accept paypal on ALL UK listings
    and after beeing ripped of too many times I am never going to use them again, lost alot of money to paypal in 3 years due to stolen credit cards...these can be charged back to you after 6mths of sale, tracking doesn't cont even if buyer leaves feedback to say happy with purchase
    non receipt of untracked goods, my fault for not charging extra for tracking...but even if tracked paypal can take buters side.
    Shut shop on Ebay now and fully moving over here, hope more do the same as I do buy alot of items on line and hopefully more ebay sellers will list on here and I can buy everything I want on Ebid.
    grumble over and on a very positive side
    Even sold 2 items last month on Ebid and I only have a small number of items listed.

I am glad you have seen the light regards paypal. Just be glad you have moved to here when you did. Come may1st (approx) feeby feedback policy change, and with all other changes on the way, the traffic will increase a lot on here.

Congratulations on your sales, more will come, I hope mine will keep coming in as well. It's just a shame a lot of buyers think that paypal is the only option because thats what feeby have been pyshing down peoples throats for a long time.

Wow, I'm finding out more and more shadiness about PayPal. That is really messed up!

Thread Information