Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 70 of 136 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Its very naughty to open a new ebay account then go on their forums and mention ebid.
    Naughty,but nice.
    http://www.uk.four.ebid.net/stores/B...ensible-prices
    Your link is wrong, there is no www

Forum Newbie
    Mexborough, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    All-About JTTrading
    View JTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I'm new here too

Hi guys n gals,

I'm new here too, and am also a disgruntled eBay powerseller. My eBay fees come to nearly £1000 per month and ebay just does not care about its sellers.

I don't think there are enough visitors/customers on eBid at the moment to warrant me giving up eBay, but I'll certainly be listing items with a view to building a business in readiness for future site traffic growth.

I say ready for traffic growth because I truly believe that eBay has made a massive mistake on which other auction sites are bound to capitalise.

Hi JTTrading, welcome to eBid, you certainly need to list so that buyers here have plenty of choice. OK to help you get started add a signature link to your posts so us nosey lot have an easy link to your items, read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 then fill in some info on Your About Me Page. Perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here ( I have some nice cheap prints ) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the zero feedback problem when I started.

Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you out of the pub for a bit, and shout if you need a hand.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tattyteddyscave View Post
    I'm not underestimating the depth of seller ill feeling over at feeBay. It's just that it will be incredibly hard, if not impossible, to get 98% of those sellers and buyers who are fed up with eBay to leave for any other auction site.

As has been said already in this thread, people don't like change. And while feeBay is the biggest and only auction site with a public recognition factor, both sellers and buyers will stay there.

TBH, and most of you won't like this, I think it's a bit of an indictment of how eBid has failed to raise its public profile in all the time it's been in existence, that there are sellers here who've been members for years and still have no feedback, leading any sane person to the logical conclusion that the seller hasn't made a single sale in all that time.

It's a very poor advert if you want to get feeBay's sellers and buyers to move here.
    Again I understand what you are saying but you know, almost nothing is impossible especially with the correct attitude just look at the ebay refugees that have moved here during the last couple of months I have just sent another who has signed up today and if we all point our previous customers in this direction some will stick and we do not need 98% or anywhere near that figure to jump start sales.

With respect if the non-buying sellers here became even more active as buyers then that would be a start.

Also people do like change when there is dissatisfaction with the current status quo, you just have to look at Labour right now and ebay are running a parallel to them at present, if it is true what their eventual policy proposals will be then a lot more folk will move, just wait until their feedback rating gets the hammer which is starting to happen right now and you will hear little feet pattering en-mass towards ebid and other auction sites, mass exodus from ebay could well be on the cards, the publicity they are currently receiving is not ideal nor will it install confidence in both buyers and it's sellers.

The people that can make this site move are it's members it is not just down to it's owners they cannot do it all on their own, they have done a great deal to get it this far.
    What it will take are as previously mentioned if we are serious about ebid becoming a force to be reckoned with is primarily that we need to raise it's profile, we are currently getting a lot of self imposed help from ebay in that direction, we need to point more folk towards the site and as stated above if non-buying sellers and I include myself in that category, support ebid by perhaps kick starting the sales by buying a little themselves, well the feedback will for sure increase and raise the sites visibility.

It is all too easy for us to sit back and criticise what we need is to put a bit more effort in as many members already do, to their credit.

Gee, I got a £5 voucher from feeBay today!

But I've got to spend at least £25 before p&p to use it.

Methinks feeBay can shove that where the sun don't shine!

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tattyteddyscave View Post
    Gee, I got a £5 voucher from feeBay today!

But I've got to spend at least £25 before p&p to use it.

Methinks feeBay can shove that where the sun don't shine!
    Likewise I have the same email from eBay today maybe if we all send them back
    they might get the message.. EBAY SHOVE IT TOO LITTLE TO LATE
    " No Longer a slave to eBay's greed"

I remember someone on here the other day saying they'd received a £15 voucher from feeBay. God knows how much you had to spend before you could use that one!

The gormless suits at feeBay must be really really desperate.

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a ten pound one last month and now a five pound one, adding this up must be a fare old whack of cash to get eBay moving to cheer up the sellers
    a bit senseless if you ask me! eBay have gone numb in the brain and must think that most sellers are as well..
    " No Longer a slave to eBay's greed"

Default Also fed up with eBay.....

Thats it!!
    After 5 and a half years trading on eBay I've finally had enough of their customer service and fees. Closed my account today and moving to eBid!

eBay were charging me nearly £1k a month in fees and with there new changes that tipped the scales, and I'm off. So thats another 12k they'll lose out on a year. And I don't think it'll be the last customer they'll lose this year.

Good riddance to eBay!

Welcome ukvideogamer I wish you lots of sales on Ebid. Make sure you let your customers know you are now selling here now. You can use your paypal database for this. Most ex thiefbayers are doing this and more buyers are signing up over here as a result.
    Also add a link to your signature so we can see what you are selling. Click the attached link to help setting it up:http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959
    Good luck
    Ebid Charity Challenge £250 in aid of Cancer Research UK. Come and look at my stores for bargain auctions:

Ebid Charity Challenge = £21.12/£250

Thread Information