Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 75 of 136 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    I'm actually feeling quite up beat about it all, I have my shop, it's a one off fee, I don't have to pay to list, and now I've just got to go advertise it. I also have an amazing sense of freedom from fear of the malicious neg.
    My sentiments exactly

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here's the latest idea from the Loonytoons.I copied this from the Power Sellers Unite web site........

Get ready for this to burst onto an eBay near you (it will!!):
    eBay Germany is starting a new policy. From June 15 a seller cannot list any items again with shipping costs higher than what eBay has determined to be a reasonable rate in certain categories.

eBay is starting this for 2 main reasons:
    1. eBay asked buyers about shipping and for the categories to where this new policy applies, buyers said that shipping costs were unreasonable high.
    2. eBay sellers get low rating for S&H DSR in those specific categories................

The article then goes on to list the prices for post that ebay consider acceptable.

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Here's the latest idea from the Loonytoons.I copied this from the Power Sellers Unite web site........

Get ready for this to burst onto an eBay near you (it will!!):
    eBay Germany is starting a new policy. From June 15 a seller cannot list any items again with shipping costs higher than what eBay has determined to be a reasonable rate in certain categories.

eBay is starting this for 2 main reasons:
    1. eBay asked buyers about shipping and for the categories to where this new policy applies, buyers said that shipping costs were unreasonable high.
    2. eBay sellers get low rating for S&H DSR in those specific categories................

The article then goes on to list the prices for post that ebay consider acceptable.
    how can ebay determine the cost of postage on any item , there are many factors that come into the costs
    actual stamps
    packaging
    time
    distance to p.o.
    any parking charges

if i were selling i would say ok ebay can come do all my packing all my travelling and all my posting and see how they get on

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree Merlin a good example is DVDs. It could be just the DVD, with the usual single case, it could be that there is an added disc. Or in the case of a collection of them it could be individual discs or in a presentation disc.

Also with the packaging it is possible to pay either large or small amounts of money. The deciding factor is whether you buy as you need them from a local shop or buy in bulk.

They seem to have totally lost the plot, unless they are intending to do the same as the river site and deal with the delivery themselves.
    Last edited by lofty100e; 31st May 2008 at 10:36 AM.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

The main reason is that people have been trying to avoid fees so loading the postage side. They will be telling you how much to sell stuff for next
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Looks like 50'000 Hong Kong sellers will be looking for a new home some time soon then if they cant load the postage side of things on rottenday auctions we dont have a eBid china yet
    " No Longer a slave to eBay's greed"

So much for being 'Just a venue'...

Actually, I think it will be very beneficial for them to knock out all the Hong Kong and Chinese sellers. Whilst I'm sure a lot of them are good sellers, they seem to be flooding the screens with cheap looking imports that cost a fortune in postage and take several years to arrive. Ok I'm being unfair, but it is at least weeks.

I wouldn't buy anything from there and it annoys me when every other search item returned is from that area, but that's just me. Not that I've done any searches over there for a while now, most of what I was getting returned was irrelevant anyway.

Have you got a link to that article?

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

As you may have gathered Hong Kong and Chinese sellers are not my favourite type of rotbay sellers a bit of a lotto when it comes to to import duty as well and also think they should be well excluded unless you add them when searching as the last time I looked at the map China was not in Europe also I dislike the rottenday classifieds when searching for cars what a mess that is..
    " No Longer a slave to eBay's greed"

I can't find it either Salus, but i do know one thing some of the postage quoted and charged by German sellers is horrendous but it is not their fault, i get a lot of stuff from Germany and the postage i have been charged is what the seller has paid, it just cost me approx 24 euro for one parcel, almost £20, how can they limit them when its correct, the main seller i buy from will not rip me off, ever. I think that is disgusting.

Looks like deebay are just trying to copy Amazon where they have a set price for postage of items. It would be useful to have a limit if it is reasonable - I've seen some over there wanting to charge £10 p&p for a game from within the UK.

Thread Information