eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice from anyone who lists here and elsewhere please : )

Forum Newbie
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View madcyril's Feedback (+3488)
    All-About madcyril
    View madcyril's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Advice from anyone who lists here and elsewhere please : )

Hello!

Although I hate doing it, currently I have to keep listing on Feebay as I need to have some money coming in - though it has to be said sales are drying up fast over there.

Anyway, I have around 40 listings in my Ebid shops now but these are all items I have duplicates of or my winter / slow selling stock that I haven't got listed 'over there'

My question is: does anyone list the SAME items here and on Feebay (or website/other site) and have you ever had the horror scenario of the same item selling at the same time on each site - or is this such a low probability you'll take the chance?

Logic tells me this is very unlikely but I am the sort of person this will happen to so i just wondered if anyone else took that risk?

My intention is to break away from there altogether so I want as many listings as I can over here but I pretty much sell 'one off' items so I'm not in a position to list 'one here one there'.

Mandy

PS. Just noticed my signature looks rubbish so off to do a new one!
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pipsqueak-Princess - Cute clothing for your little girl.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pipsqueaks-Babywear -
    Cute clothing for your baby boys & girls.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Pipsqueak-Prince - cute clothing for your little boy.

Pipsqueaks.

I do not see a problem with what you are suggesting, AS LONG AS you are keeping a very close watch on all your listings, no matter what site they may be on. But if you turn out to be a none performing seller on here (by not having goods to send, because they have sold elsewhere), then eBid admin will come down on you hard and fast, as would most sites if you were a por seller.

If you think it's worth the risk, then do it, but I would be inclined not to do it as I would not want to upset the apple cart.

You ar ein the best position to judge what is best, but be aware that eBid admin DO crack down on poor sellers.

View morgana77's Feedback (+12)
    All-About morgana77
    View morgana77's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell on eBay and I have items listed on both sites. Chances the items will sell at the very same time are very low, I take the chance and once it sells I will go to the other site and end it if I don't have a duplicate item. I don't hate selling on eBay, it still has more traffic then other sites, and it brings me more sales then all other sites I sell on combined, so I am very thankful. Think of it as if you had a store in the mall and pay a high rent, but get good sales, then you'd close your store in the mall cause you don't want to pay high rent, and instead, open a new store in your basement but will not get any sales. Keep in mind, that for higher traffic you may pay higher fees, but get more sales. Good luck on both !!!
    morgana77
    www.marhababambinas.blogspot.com

Handknit gloves and wrist warmers - check my Adoption fundraising store Knitter's Attic

morgana77

The point is though, a lot of us smaller sellers can not afford to sell on ebay anymore, that is just a sad fact nowadays.

The best alternative IMO is here, I have tried elsewhere, but nothing on the scale as here.

This site works for me, so why would I not stick with it. After all I paid 49.99 for a lifetime and I intend to make the most of it.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sarah, That is great that it's working for you; I hope to one day say exactly the same. However, I will starve trying to eat my inventory that just keeps starring at me.
    But I am not ignorant to the fact that it takes time, patience, and applying one's self in a new setting. I'm willing to do that, but I'm also a realist.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Sarah, That is great that it's working for you; I hope to one day say exactly the same. However, I will starve trying to eat my inventory that just keeps starring at me.
    But I am not ignorant to the fact that it takes time, patience, and applying one's self in a new setting. I'm willing to do that, but I'm also a realist.

Yes I know that everyone has different needs. But I could not compete on a level playing field on ebay with all the changes and increases in fees. As you can probably see, the products I sell are mainly under 6 quid so on ebay I would have to put them up by at least 30-50% which would then price me out the market place.

I know that in the current climate that people are feeling the pinch, and are less likely to make impulse buys, and have to take more care of their finances, Luckily my partner paul works as well (self employed), but if we were to just survive on our internet trading this would be impossible.

Forum Newbie
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View madcyril's Feedback (+3488)
    All-About madcyril
    View madcyril's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you for replies.

Mmm, still not sure what to do. I'm the sort of person that it WOULD happen too! lol

I'm putting some fliers in my parcels this week telling people I'm moving over here so maybe that will help get me started.

Mandy
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pipsqueak-Princess - Cute clothing for your little girl.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pipsqueaks-Babywear -
    Cute clothing for your baby boys & girls.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Pipsqueak-Prince - cute clothing for your little boy.

I am in the same postion as you...
    I Have left things I have only one of over there and if I have two or more I put the rest over here...been going for a week now.
    I did an experiment first with 4 items here and 4 items there..interestingly hits on both sites about the same!!!..got one sale for 2 over there but remaing 2 have same hits as here...
    I wouldn't resik same article on sale on both sites...you can't afford the possibility of selling and article twice! Far too much hassle and you could end up losing both sales venues.
    My advice is split the difference and monitor hits carefully on both side...It's a bit like fishing at the moment!!
    Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

I'm also in the same position!

What I'm doing at the moment is still listing over there, in batches, and whats left at the end of each batch comes over here.

I hope to do the same thing in reverse as well, so my stuff changes on both sites - not got it completely together yet!

I only sell second-hand - so can't take the risk of listing the same thing on both at once!

I wish Turbolister would work for both sites - would make it a lot easier to swap listings over!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information