Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 78 of 136 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

I imagine set posting costs will happen on feeBay at some point. After all, it leads to higher starting or BIN prices for items which means feeBay gets more in FVFs, and Feepay gets more out of its 3.5% take.

Quote Originally Posted by Tattyteddyscave View Post
    I imagine set posting costs will happen on feeBay at some point. After all, it leads to higher starting or BIN prices for items which means feeBay gets more in FVFs, and Feepay gets more out of its 3.5% take.
    Ebay needs to be reminded of the story of the goose and the golden eggs.

And I'm thinking of that Nationwide ad, you know the one, where the complacent banker keeps grinning and saying "doesn't work like that!". The punter walks across the road.

Minor point: I think Feepay takes its cut out of the total, it's the same whether you sell for 99p+20quid postage or 20.99 and free postage. But that doesn't diminish your point about eBay, I agree.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

the trouble is with set postage costs is that if a buyer thinks that the price is too high they will leave negative feedback even though the seller has no control of what price is set. I have seen it happen loads of times to decent sellers on the river. The postage charges are way too high on there even as a seller on that site, I disagree with the charges but there is nowt that I can do about it. I don't think the people on the other side know about this yet but i imagine there will be an uproar as we all know that it will hit the UK, its feebays goal to eliminate all competition.

Actually Rick, I started on Amazon a few years ago, and have only dipped into eBay fairly tentatively last year with an idea of opening a shop and building a business. I started to do quite well last year, but then got a temporary job, which will be finishing in about 10 weeks.

In the meantime eBay has completely imploded, and because I'm a small seller, I'm incredibly vulnerable to even neutrals, not that I've ever had one on eBay, as I mostly had wonderful customers and there was always the threat that I could retaliate if anyone was unreasonable.

The point is, that small sellers must look elsewhere and at least build an alternative, so if the worst happens, they aren't just left with a suspended account and having to start from scratch elsewhere. Everyone should also regularly back up their listings so the html is not lost if all the listings disappear one day.

I've decided to diversify, I have my listings, and I can copy/paste them all over the net if necessary, I've opened two more accounts today with other auction sites, although this one is 'home' with my shops. I think if the eBay fiasco has taught me one thing it's not to put all your eggs in one basket, especially a basket that someone else is carrying.

Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View nysablaze's Feedback (+48)
    All-About nysablaze
    View nysablaze's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post

Minor point: I think Feepay takes its cut out of the total, it's the same whether you sell for 99p+20quid postage or 20.99 and free postage. But that doesn't diminish your point about eBay, I agree.
    eB*y final value fee is based only on the selling price of the item not the total, Paypal (an ebY owned company) however does base it's fees on the total cost including P&P.
    So in a way your right
    Check out my auctions at:

for excellent gifts,
    and
    Nysa's Notions Jewellery
    for gemstone, sterling silver, pewter and glass jewellery

or my alter ego, phoenysa,
    Phoenysa's Stitchy Bits - for cross stitch magazines, kits and bits
    Phoenysa's Books & Bits - for pre-owned books for adults and children

By the way Mrfune, I can't find any of your auctions, it says your user name doesn't exist, so perhaps that's why you haven't sold anything?

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    By the way Mrfune, I can't find any of your auctions, it says your user name doesn't exist, so perhaps that's why you haven't sold anything?
    Yes, strange that.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Quote Originally Posted by mrfune View Post
    I just deleated everything I have on ebid. Check my ebay site. Thanks for your feedback. I think for right now I'm gone from ebid maybe never to return.
    No thanks . I don't buy at all from there now on principle.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mrfune View Post
    I just deleated everything I have on ebid. Check my ebay site. Thanks for your feedback. I think for right now I'm gone from ebid maybe never to return.
    Even if you delete your auctions, if you search by username, it still brings up your details.

What's more surprising is you saying you got an enormous bill from eBid. Mine just came through and it was a whopping £2.41 for the month!

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Regarding mrfune's Original post that has now departed from this thread !

eBay who are they !!!! seller+ lifetime membership = no fees unless you put things on top like gallery photos.. READING I would of thought would be the first thing in anything you would do when selling..like eating dog food just because you did not read what was on the can and leaving all to a accountant wake up chap..You just cant post a few auctions on eBid without doing some work use eBid shops you get 5 of them no monthly cost drive your customer base from eBay to eBid sign and list on as many auctions sites as you can play the Big boys win with the little boys I dont understand burning bridges and cutting ones nose off seeing you put work into something you arnt going to catch fish on each trip to the Lake are you.. You may not Like what's said but Iv never read such a lot of crap in all my life..
    Last edited by RockyWolf; 1st June 2008 at 10:53 PM.
    " No Longer a slave to eBay's greed"

Thread Information