Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 80 of 136 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Quote Originally Posted by ukvideogamer View Post
    ...I think eBid has a good feedback system. Like ebay's used to be.
    Or rather, better than eBay's EVER was!

One of the really good things about eBid's system is that you can leave feedback early, without fearing that you're unable to adjust it later. If a good deal goes sour despite all your efforts, you can modify your feedback accordingly. If you were too hasty in "telling it like it is" and all gets back on track, great, you can improve the feedback.

As far as I know eBay has never had that.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Or rather, better than eBay's EVER was!

One of the really good things about eBid's system is that you can leave feedback early, without fearing that you're unable to adjust it later. If a good deal goes sour despite all your efforts, you can modify your feedback accordingly. If you were too hasty in "telling it like it is" and all gets back on track, great, you can improve the feedback.

As far as I know eBay has never had that.
    I'm new to eBid and didn't know you could do that!
    That makes ebids' feedback system miles better than ebay's.
    Please check out our new ebid store, we sell a wide variety of Video Games, consoles & accessories on all formats! Click Here!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Not an eBid member? What are you waiting for?
    register now, Click here!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Over 6000+ Products coming soon to our new website! Launching July 08!

www.uk-video-gamer.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by HapnJoysAuctions View Post
    Hello, all! I'm a yank, trying to make a living out of a place called Jessup, Maryland USA. I gotta admit I'm having a darned tough time of it. Seems that everything I try to do turns to horse manure!
    In my humble opinion, feedback should be eliminated and let's get on with business.
    Hi HapnJoy, welcome! Pity you live so far away, I use horse manure for growing courgettes and pumpkins!

You had a raw deal 100%->50% starting on eBay, but I can't agree with eliminating feedback. Without feedback most of us would never risk buying on auction sites, except by cash and collect. And incidentally, cash+collect shows the flaw in your argument that "eBay knows when a buyer doesn't pay". Not only cash+collect, but cheques and postal orders. I've even received a cheque and then had it bounce, even though it was only for about 3 quid (about $5).

Most people, negged on their second transaction, would either have hung in there, building up confidence with low value sales and purchases, or just cancelled and signed up under a new name. You think a neg is devastating, but imagine how I felt, getting one after about 150 sales -- sure it only knocked down my score to 99%, but a neg is a neg and can worry people. But starting out afresh would have been far harder.

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

A BIG welcome to our newest converts to eBid all the best with your auctions and please dont forget to spread the good word to all your past eBay customers
    " No Longer a slave to eBay's greed"

Default To Nataliescave

DONT USE PAYPAL. Ebay owns them. what is the point of moving away from ebay if they continue to get your support using paypal?

change to Google checkout, just as safe and not owned by ebay money mongers.

I quite happily use Google Checkout for everything if possible, I love them, the trouble is, our customers arrive with PayPal, and if we don't accept it, it puts people off.

Right now I love all my buyers, I want them to stay and buy lots of books. If they want to send a valid payment via PayPal or Cerberus or the guy with the pitchfork and pair of horns they are very welcome and I will gladly accept their orders.

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    I quite happily use Google Checkout for everything if possible, I love them, the trouble is, our customers arrive with PayPal, and if we don't accept it, it puts people off.

Right now I love all my buyers, I want them to stay and buy lots of books. If they want to send a valid payment via PayPal or Cerberus or the guy with the pitchfork and pair of horns they are very welcome and I will gladly accept their orders.
    I could not agree more.
    It really does not matter what the payment is as long as you are keeping the Buyer happy, by not accepting certain methods of payment will undoubtedly put off a lot of buyers.
    Swallow your pride, accept Paypal and send them a letter advising of the benefits of other payment methods after they have bought should you feel the need, main thing is getting the sale in the first place, you really need to hit as big a market as possible, accepting as many different payment methods as you can will do just that.

Before any bright spark mentions it I must fill out my Google and PPP applications ASAP !!!

Forum Lurker
    View cldiva's Feedback (+17)
    All-About cldiva
    View cldiva's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't you ever think that a NONPAYING bidder can not post negative feedback on ebay! You can look at mine from arucinski22. She gave me a negative saying I didn't send her Angel. Of course not -- SHE NEVER PAID! I've done everything I could to get it removed. She did respond to the nonpaying complaint I filed saying she would send a money order, but she never did. As soon as I closed it, she posted the feedback. I even sent the email where she cursed me out & said she wasn't sending anything!
    View my listings:
    http://us.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...arch&type=user
    Use my Buddy Link & join, buy & sell on eBid for FREE:
    http://us.three.ebid.net/perl/normal...=register-main

Quote Originally Posted by cldiva View Post
    Don't you ever think that a NONPAYING bidder can not post negative feedback on ebay! You can look at mine from arucinski22. She gave me a negative saying I didn't send her Angel. Of course not -- SHE NEVER PAID! I've done everything I could to get it removed. She did respond to the nonpaying complaint I filed saying she would send a money order, but she never did. As soon as I closed it, she posted the feedback. I even sent the email where she cursed me out & said she wasn't sending anything!
    That's appalling. And thanks for the warning.

But don't give up. I can't recall an occasion when I had anything but a cut-n-paste irrelevant response first time around from ebay support (what a contrast with ebid support, by the way). If you persist, sometimes after 4 or 5 interchanges, each time with a different 'droid, you may be lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by cldiva View Post
    Just had a look at your feedback over there.
    Very good.
    Regarding negative feedback from non paying bidders, I have never had any although I have had a few non payers and have always left negative for them. But now the times have changed. We the UK sellers cannot leave negative feedback at all. Since we were stopped from leaving negative feedback I have had 30 people buy goods and then not pay for them. All I can do now is claim my fees back and not leave any feedback.
    Great isnt it.
    Dan

Thread Information