Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 83 of 136 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was looking at doing t-shirts ect at one stage but was put off by using brand names on them in case this copyright and fake issue came back and bit me on the bum. I also have a Omega copy myself got it five years ago on eBay and has not let me down, keeps Very good time and very hard to tell it from the real thing but I was well informed by the seller as to what I was getting. My ray bands I got are total knock off's as I have the real thing but I have a bad habit of sitting on them so a pair for messing around was fine but was lead to be buying the real thing for £35.00 not for one moment did I think they where real though at that price ! But I think it should be made clear what you are buying by the seller at the time but if your not sure you can always ask a question.
    " No Longer a slave to eBay's greed"

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I notice ebay have been fined (In france,the yanks and british wouldn't dare) for allowing the sale of fakes.
    Looks like the old "We are only a (very expensive) venue" don't wash anymore (in france anyway).

I'm new here also. I am still trading on feebay but for how much longer, I don't know. I think feebay have forgotton that by suspending a sellers account, it also stops them from buying. More and More sellers are looking for another platform to trade, hopefully they will choose ebid.

Quote Originally Posted by madmicus View Post
    agree with everyone who has commented,and given a neg to ebay.all sellers are open to abuse.NOW IVE JUST NOTICED THAT I HAVE A "SDS",,ive not been selling a lot lately as ive not been well,and ive just seen that my search standing has been lowered,the reason.(my dispatch time,and my postage charges have gone red.)MY POSTAGE IS ALWAYS SPOT ON,MY DELIVERY TIMES ARE FANTASTIC.i am being penalised for not selling and/or listing enough.WHAT A JOKE.IM A POWER SELLER,OVER 4500 POS FEEDBACK,AND IM STILL PAYING MY SHOP FEE.what is ebay doing,cos even after reading all the posts on both sites i have not got a clue.AND FEEDBACKS(IVE GOT 13 NEGS AND NOT ONE WAS DESERVED,I ALWAYS EXCHANGE OR REFUND,WHATEVER THE REASON,POEPLE OVER THERE DONT COMMUNICATE.i got a neg just after the changeover...i sent the wrong colour article,i offered a replacement or full refund and got no answer.they waited until i could not reply to there feedback and wallop negative.over the years you should see the neutrals,HALF OF THEM SAY GREAT SERVICE ETC,AND THEN NUETRAL YOU...most of the time its low feedback evayers and they aint got a clue.IVE EVEN HAD POSITIVE COMMENTS GIVEN AND A NEG FEEDBACK..THESE WERE MUTUALLY REMOVED,when you explaine to the buyer with no rating and they were sorry cos they made a mistake..WE AINT EVEN GOT THAT NOW......THE BIG PROBLEM IS OTHER SITES ARE NOT KNOWN...IVE HAD ITEMS ON EBID,,AND CQout cos it costs nowt for a few weeks,and being sold CHEEEEAAAAP.not had one bid,and there is the root of the problem..when i get back into selling properly again,i will have to use the conning twats again...ITS SO BLOODY SAD REGARDS MADMICUS..(EVILBAY..THE DOGS BOLLUX)
    You're certainly not alone. I hope you're making that same point equally forcibly on ebay's forums?

Of course I'm not expecting you to cause change there, but consider it an act of kindness... Richard and crew are so thick they may still be unaware their P45s are hanging by a thread, a few more tell it like it is postings might give them time to get their paperwork in order ready for the job centre!

Surprisingly, people there seem to be openly recommending eBid and the postings aren't even being pulled. Or at least some of them aren't. I wouldn't know if some have been.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Surprisingly, people there seem to be openly recommending eBid and the postings aren't even being pulled. Or at least some of them aren't. I wouldn't know if some have been.
    I've noticed on "the business selling board" there is a nice thread about ebay and some good comments about advertising. It'll probably be pulled soon unless it turn's nasty when the trolls join in.

http://forums.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa...=1212694565209

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ebids Golden Opportunity !!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    You're certainly not alone. I hope you're making that same point equally forcibly on ebay's forums?

Of course I'm not expecting you to cause change there, but consider it an act of kindness... Richard and crew are so thick they may still be unaware their P45s are hanging by a thread, a few more tell it like it is postings might give them time to get their paperwork in order ready for the job centre!

This may answer your uncertainty johnwash as to whether listings are getting pulled. It was a posting I made on an Ebay thread yesterday, someone should have Richards head on a platter the ignorant s*d, he posts threads, promises to look in and comment, then he does not even to have the courtesy to reply. I am amazed they have not pulled my post as it is somewhat critical of them, time yet tho' I suppose.

This is a petition that Julie an ebay member is running currently, surprisingly they have not pulled the thread in which it is mentioned.

http://www.petitiononline.com/kalenza1/petition.html

I firmly believe that this is a Golden opportunity for Ebid to fill Ebays shoes.

# Post made on thread 05/06/08 01:46 AM

## I have stopped posting in Ebay forums as it is a waste of time, Richard and the other pinks do not reply and are pulling threads when they get too much criticism or it is not going their way, next on the cards for the UK is the pre-designated postal charges, now there is a hornets nest waiting to be opened.
    COULD HAVE A BIG STING IN THE TAIL...
    I suggest that the pinks write an ephitaph on the demise of ebay, they certainly appear to be doing a good job at self destruct.

### May be interesting to watch the Ebay share values:
    Update Time: 4th June 08 ~ 16:00:05
    Year High / Low $40.60 / $25.72
    Today $29.89

My prediction would be a significant slump over the next 3 months if they keep pounding the sellers with this raft of destructive measures.
    Shares to buy ~ Derfinitely NOT Ebays right now!

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Moronic Ebay sellers

These are the sort of moronic buyers ebay sellers are up against.
    Say no more, glad I 'aint listing on there any more.

Thank goodness for ebid.

http://groups.ebay.co.uk/clubboardth...ID=18000150946

up*4*it (0 )
    05/06/08 10:06 AM (#2 of 11)

I think the new feedback rules are fab. I can have sellers running around in circles just with the threat of leaving a neg or leaving them poor ratings.

I think sellers have had it too good for far too long on Ebay.

Essential Everyday Items for You
    Last edited by bidnwin; 7th June 2008 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    well if you work out why they are not so well known then you can strategically get them known you have 4500 feedback thats your starter
    taking away repeat customers i would say you have 3500 email addresses that could bring you customers here if your giving lower prices , many still use both sites but once you sell a item you add a flyer to the parcel saying i do offer cheaper on ebid, smaller sites need your help to promote it`s no good sitting back and waiting for sales use ebid as your own personal small website

If you use seller manager pro on the other site you have access to sending out lots of automated after auction emails, "you have won" - "invoices" - "item has shipped" - "Thanks for payment" etc.

Why not customise these to let your customers know that you list over here on ebid and can offer better prices because the listings are free and because of the high fees charged over there.?

Dan

Forum Newbie
    View kay110's Feedback (+3)
    All-About kay110
    View kay110's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bidnwin View Post
    I am amazed they have not pulled my post as it is somewhat critical of them, time yet tho' I suppose.
    Good morning all - just noticed ebay have pulled some more topics/posts over the weekend. Once again the ones that slated the ebay changes and the ones started by the pinks.

I am still in the process of changing over and not renewing items on ebay - also have emailed past customers to say I'm here now so hope fully see some new buyers..
    Why not check out my stores.....

<a href=http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Kays-Cosmetics target=_blank>http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Kays-Cosmetics</a>

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Kays-Cosmetics

Quote Originally Posted by kay110 View Post
    Good morning all - just noticed ebay have pulled some more topics/posts over the weekend. Once again the ones that slated the ebay changes and the ones started by the pinks.

I am still in the process of changing over and not renewing items on ebay - also have emailed past customers to say I'm here now so hope fully see some new buyers..
    Best of luck with that Kay

I haven't had much luck with that, even when passing on lower costs here directly onto the listing price, and some extra as well - but that's probably just me. My buyers seem to be quite stubborn in their resolve to stick with eBay

I really need to spend some more time expanding my listings here. I've let things go a bit, both here and in FeePay. Still selling a few things over there, but it isn't exactly what you might call "hectic" !

I read a general article on trading (I forgot the link, I'm not currently on my home PC) saying that the ramp in listing fees and degradation in the sellers environment coinciding with the economic downturn means that a lot of folk simply aren't "washing their face" over there in a business sense. I can well believe it !
    Visit my eBid shop :-
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/evingartrading-store-1

Electronic components.
    Clock subsystems.
    The Biodiesel Manual - A guide to the home manufacture of Biodiesel.
    Power Supply Units (PSU's)
    Various electro mechanical assemblies.

Thread Information