Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 85 of 136 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

[quote=starlady22;664525]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattyteddyscave View Post
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=RoyalBlue]Just got an email from feeBay for another 5p listing day on 12th June. Things must be really bad over there as they only had their last 5p day about 6 weeks ago.

Hi
    I think your right. We had a half price listing day in may, and my 10 day listings from that only ended on sunday. And now we have another cheap listing day.
    They are probably trying to bolster up their listing figures, so that it looks good, trouble is loads of the listings on these cheap days are going unsold.
    I just wish the buyers would come here as well as the sellers.
    I have finally got some flyers to put in the parcels of anything i sell from feebay, trouble is sales are so bad i haven't been able to use them yet.
    Also i have put my ebid link on my emails, so anytime i have to send an email they get the link.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions as to advertising i can do please, because until i start getting sales (i have had 1 sale) i can't afford to give the other place up.

Jane
    hi i noticed you sell photo frames

have you tried advertising yourself on photographic chat forums just google it , you will be amazed at how many places there are to advertise yourself

just offer 10% off your items etc, if they use a certain code

it really is worth spending 30 mins a day doing

Forum Lurker
    View MosPostcards's Feedback (+16495)
    All-About MosPostcards
    View MosPostcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Enough is enough

I listed on the last half price listing day on thiefbay and my fees were 48% of the takings. Unbelievable !!!. As a result of the few sales one morron left me 2 x neg feedback for charging correct P & P. A lot of postcard sellers seem to now charge £1.00 or more for P & P. I was so annoyed that I have sent a very friendly e-mail to Ebay telling them to stuff their site because of this ludicrous feedback system. I shall be selling on Ebid and another collectables site from now on.
    I hope other sellers boycott this latest 'panic' 5p listing day. Their ratings are continuing to fall. I wonder why !.
    That's my rant for today. I needed to blow off some steam.
    Mo

[QUOTE=merlin;664682]
    Quote Originally Posted by starlady22 View Post

hi i noticed you sell photo frames

have you tried advertising yourself on photographic chat forums just google it , you will be amazed at how many places there are to advertise yourself

just offer 10% off your items etc, if they use a certain code

it really is worth spending 30 mins a day doing
    Hi Merlin & thanks for the tip. I will make some time later to see what i can find.
    :-)
    Jane

its almost dead over there..iv just looked at the catogries i used to list in, and the numbers of auctions on have gone right down...a lot of the regular private sellers seem to have disapeared,and people ,bidding seems to have fallen too...Theres also more new groups that have started up regarding the feedback and fee changes...

Forum Newbie
    View Heruur's Feedback (+180)
    All-About Heruur
    View Heruur's Listings
    Forum Posts

My fee-pay sales have been down by almost 27% in Q1 and nearly 62% so far in Q2, ebid sales are practically non-existant
    Heruur Electronic Specialties Co.
    ~If you can DREAM of it We can build it!~
    http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Forum Newbie
    All-About Fairyfox2008
    View Fairyfox2008's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi
    Just had to say a quick hello , I'm actually a newbie here and after 5 years of being on Ebay...lol

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MosPostcards View Post
    I listed on the last half price listing day on thiefbay and my fees were 48% of the takings. Unbelievable !!!. As a result of the few sales one morron left me 2 x neg feedback for charging correct P & P. A lot of postcard sellers seem to now charge £1.00 or more for P & P. I was so annoyed that I have sent a very friendly e-mail to Ebay telling them to stuff their site because of this ludicrous feedback system. I shall be selling on Ebid and another collectables site from now on.
    I hope other sellers boycott this latest 'panic' 5p listing day. Their ratings are continuing to fall. I wonder why !.
    That's my rant for today. I needed to blow off some steam.
    Mo
    I like Mo am a postcard seller on feebay and have only been using Feebay for about 3 months but have 100 plus positives - as far as profits on Feebay are concerned they will be zero this month as my sales will just cover the listing fees - and I have tried to be frugal cutting down on gallery pics and also opening a shop to reduce listing fees. I have suspected all along that lower value item sales such as postcards and books will not work on feebay as the seller can not afford to pay for every item listed - books and cards - buyers like to browse - they like to pick and choose - we all do and so why shouldn't they - but ebay wants money money money for every person who picks up your book and postcard and looks at it - whether they buy or not. Feebay are not doing enough or are probably not interested in earning a FV Fee of 10p or 20p on a postcard and are not offering much of a saving to shops. They just want the biggies! I am looking forward to moving over to EBID but I really think we should all stop moaning about feebay (what great advertising we are giving them !) and start congratulating EBID instead. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST - I see so many people on EBID - running down feebay - but they have no EBID points or feedback AT ALL - For God Sake - BUY something on EBID !!! NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/CAZPostcards

Dear Mo - Just to clarify - my criticisms are not aimed at you as I know you have lots and lots of positives on both sites, I identify with you as a fellow lover of postcards and have bought from you myself with excellent service. My criticism is of a general nature - there is a lot of running down of feebay on ebid and nowhere near enough praise of ebid - It is a great site - so lets all support it and get BUYING ON EBID - It doesn't have to be big or expensive .. what do we need this week - a pair of socks ? A birthday card ? A Father's Day Card - get ebiding !!!!! Get rid of those 000000000 feedback ratings !!!!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mogcat22 View Post
    Dear Mo - Just to clarify - my criticisms are not aimed at you as I know you have lots and lots of positives on both sites, I identify with you as a fellow lover of postcards and have bought from you myself with excellent service. My criticism is of a general nature - there is a lot of running down of feebay on ebid and nowhere near enough praise of ebid - It is a great site - so lets all support it and get BUYING ON EBID - It doesn't have to be big or expensive .. what do we need this week - a pair of socks ? A birthday card ? A Father's Day Card - get ebiding !!!!! Get rid of those 000000000 feedback ratings !!!!
    I agree with your statements, particularly your LAST BUT NOT LEAST comment. I took the liberty of checking out your feedback & noticed you had all + feedback earned as an eBid buyer. I believe that strengthens your position to make such a comment. I'm a newbie, with low feedback on eBid as a buyer only. I am one of many who would be thrilled to make that first sale/get + feedback on eBid.

Must confess, I've been lazy all flamin week just lurking around ebid and tying up final sales on the "other side". Just paid off all fees, so now.. (say it in a high pitch voice) "I'm freeee".

Will be paying for a lifetime seller + account here but first I'm off to do some buying and address the low feedback problem. I will probably be listing over the next few days too, when I've worked everything out although it does seem pretty straight forward.

So, shopping bag in hand I'm off to hit the shops

Sagi

Thread Information