Thread: Items in wrong categories

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View RaspberryBazaar's Feedback (+109)
    All-About RaspberryBazaar
    View RaspberryBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Items in wrong categories

Im fuming. I have had an email from support telling me one of my items was listed in the wrong category (genuine error as why would I deliberately put a book on motorbikes in the horror books category) Instead of telling me so I could rectify it, the auction was deleted and warned next time my account would be suspended. In future can we not be given 2 days or whatever to put it right before having it deleted. I have 630 auctions what if there was an error in all of them would the whole lot be deleted. Also I have noticed that as extra subcategories (craft items in particular) have been added since my auctions were first put on here they are now no longer in a category and I am having to edit them.
    Last edited by SavoyTruffle; 25th June 2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: misspelling

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I agree, that is a bit heavy-handed (if only they would suspend those who list fake designer goods half as quickly).

Come on, G&M, please recognise the difference between an honest mistake and deliberate spamming!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

i think they are getting heavy because its getting rife out there

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Rather heavy handed indeed! Lighten up guys - even greedbay doesn't delete wayward listings anymore. Is there any reason, the listing(s) with the problem couldn't just be dropped in the unsold/ended bin, and the seller told to revise them? It's easy enough to make a small error when you're doing a pile of listings.

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down Thankyou all for your comments

Thankyou to you all that have replied. Im glad you all agree. I know it is only one auction, but someone has clearly reported me, you would think they had better things to do and Im quite annoyed that support sent me an email saying Id be suspended next time. Would have been just as simple to email me asking me to amend it. Ive removed all my listings for now incase there are any others and I get suspended, but quite frankly I dont have the time or inclination to go through them all so I may just give up and concentrate on my website. 100o/o feedback, and good standing as a seller doesnt account for much. Maybe the listings of sellers who have not logged on for months but appear as featured shops on the front page should have their listings removed before sellers like myself who log in most days are penalised. Lets face it, my book being in the wrong subcategory isnt helping me so Id hardly do it deliberately would I?
    Last edited by SavoyTruffle; 25th June 2008 at 01:52 PM.

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Wink

Sorry the thumbs down on my last post was for Ebid, not for all your kind comments of support
    'Wink'! LOL
    Last edited by SavoyTruffle; 25th June 2008 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoyTruffle View Post
    Thankyou to you all that have replied. Im glad you all agree. I know it is only one auction, but someone has clearly reported me, you would think they had better things to do and Im quite annoyed that support sent me an email saying Id be suspended next time. Would have been just as simple to email me asking me to amend it. Ive removed all my listings for now incase there are any others and I get suspended, but quite frankly I dont have the time or inclination to go through them all so I may just give up and concentrate on my website. 100o/o feedback, and good standing as a seller doesnt account for much. Maybe the listings of sellers who have not logged on for months but appear as featured shops on the front page should have their listings removed before sellers like myself who log in most days are penalised. Lets face it, my book being in the wrong subcategory isnt helping me so Id hardly do it deliberately would I?
    It does seem harsh as at least it was a book, even tho in the wrong category,
    BUT Gazza did post a warning they were clamping down,
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=105561
    & there have been lots of complaints on the forums about stuff in the wrong categories recently, & how it's putting people off from listing here.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=102311
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=105425
    I guess the guys are damned if they do & damned if they don't.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

a email telling people which auctions are in wrong catagory would be better than threatening suspension , with all the new catagories that have been added it`s way ott to just pull listings like this

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello , I tend to agree that it was a bit of rough justice...as said , an email stating the error and giving a couple of days to fix..then if nothing done , ok pull it , and then chastise the seller...we can all make a mistake , and if we are told , then we MIGHT NOT do it again....Papa.

Well G&M don't get many black marks against them but I think they've got to take this one on the chin and tone down the way they are dealing with this problem slightly..... if they can't come up with a case by case system instead of a blanket heavy slap for any slightest discrepancy then SavoyTruffle won't be the last seller turned off the site.

Thread Information