Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Items in wrong categories

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SavoyTruffle View Post
    Thankyou to you all that have replied. Im glad you all agree. I know it is only one auction, but someone has clearly reported me, you would think they had better things to do and Im quite annoyed that support sent me an email saying Id be suspended next time. Would have been just as simple to email me asking me to amend it. Ive removed all my listings for now incase there are any others and I get suspended, but quite frankly I dont have the time or inclination to go through them all so I may just give up and concentrate on my website. 100o/o feedback, and good standing as a seller doesnt account for much. Maybe the listings of sellers who have not logged on for months but appear as featured shops on the front page should have their listings removed before sellers like myself who log in most days are penalised. Lets face it, my book being in the wrong subcategory isnt helping me so Id hardly do it deliberately would I?
    I agree one of the ebid support have over reacted issuing a stock letter for one violation, however i think removing 'all' your listings is over reacting too. I would have emailed ebid support back ( send for the attention of gazza and mark) and told them what you've posted here. Your comments could help change the policy.

Can I also suggest that if any of us find an item in the wrong category, that we 'ask a question' and let the seller know? Or pm them if they're in here regularly?

That's what I've been doing when I find things that have gone a bit wrong on an auction (and others have done the same for me), and the seller has logged in recently. I think that's much less heavy handed than 'reporting' them, and much friendlier.

I'm also with the 'warning email' brigade. I think that just removing the listing without warning is very heavy handed.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I usually do the ask a question thing - unless I feel that a seller is taking liberties. And, as I say, sellers who list fake designer items (and they all know they didn't buy the thing from the right place for it to be genuine) just keep listing. Fortunately, there seems to be little sign of them actually selling the stuff.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I agree.We all mess up sometimes.So a nice email for a small mess up would be better.Its the ones that plaster their stuff all over tha get me mad.Makes searching hell.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View RaspberryBazaar's Feedback (+109)
    All-About RaspberryBazaar
    View RaspberryBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by charlesdexterward View Post
    I agree.We all mess up sometimes.So a nice email for a small mess up would be better.Its the ones that plaster their stuff all over tha get me mad.Makes searching hell.
    Absolutely agree. An email with a list of offending listings is better than saying 'do it again and we will put your account on hold'... Then what? I have to email, apologise, please put my account back in order, search through my inventory to find the offending items, start all over again relisting. What a waste of time and energy. Instead one email from support with list of auctions, I amend straightaway, job done.
    This is not the first time Ive had auctions removed, three were removed without letting me know, its only by chance that I noticed, dont know if it was because I listed three separate items using the same photo which was a stock photo from my website but as each of the items were different why was it removed. The titles said 'name of item' style1, style2, style3. Two others also disappeared off the face of the earth and I know for a fact they were in the correct categories. Im getting tired of it. Ive seen listings from the same seller being repeated over and over so how do they get away with selling 10 of the same and listing it 10 times?

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View RaspberryBazaar's Feedback (+109)
    All-About RaspberryBazaar
    View RaspberryBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    I agree one of the ebid support have over reacted issuing a stock letter for one violation, however i think removing 'all' your listings is over reacting too. I would have emailed ebid support back ( send for the attention of gazza and mark) and told them what you've posted here. Your comments could help change the policy.
    Hi HannaHolly, Ive removed them because if there is any more they will delete them and put my account on hold and apart from that I dont want my listings deleted with all the info as I dont use turbo lister so dont have a back up. Also I was going to bid on someones items so dont want neg feedback if theres a line through my name through no fault of my own. Having checked the categories there is no way I would have been able to make the mistake Im accused of as the subcategory i listed in is nowhere near the correct one. Seems strange it has happened within a few weeks of the site going down with the virus attack, maybe that caused the glitch?
    Last edited by SavoyTruffle; 25th June 2008 at 01:51 PM.

Sorry but I have a different view on this.

If something is in the wrong category, then it should be pulled, wether this is reported by us on the forums or searching auctions or if it's done by admin.

Just take a look at the "cars section" 212 auctions but there are only 69 cars and 143 other items from t shirts to watchs to spares. It don't take much working out that a t shirt is not a car

Sellers should read the rules, and if they break them a warning should be given but the auction should also be closed rather than deleted. Do we really want it to be full of stuff in the wrong category? Well I don't as it will make my items, which are in the correct category, or closest to if no proper category availiable, not as visable as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    Can I also suggest that if any of us find an item in the wrong category, that we 'ask a question' and let the seller know? Or pm them if they're in here regularly?

That's what I've been doing when I find things that have gone a bit wrong on an auction (and others have done the same for me), and the seller has logged in recently. I think that's much less heavy handed than 'reporting' them, and much friendlier.

I'm also with the 'warning email' brigade. I think that just removing the listing without warning is very heavy handed.

Why should we ask a question, why can they just not read the rules. They are the seller, We are not their guardian. Also if you see my post above this one messaging the sellers is not really an option that is time worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesdexterward View Post
    Totally agree with searching becomes harder.

I would never buy anything listed in the wrong category. Because they are blocking me from finding what i am searching for.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Thread Information