eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyer bought item and no longers wants it .. What do I do next ?

Default Buyer bought item and no longers wants it .. What do I do next ?

Hi, A buyer has just bought 2 items. They have paid for 1 and still want that one but do not want the 2nd item.

Is there an equivalent to a mutal withdrawl procedure on ebid. It was a free auction so no fees are involved.

Thanks
    My First Thomas trains and books are available in my store. Please take a look

what you do is up to you.... however the T&C's of the site say that the person has entered a contract to buy said item, therefore technically they can not back out of the deal

Smile

Correctively as I see it, the buyer has entered into an agreement with you to buy the 2 items, and should therefore honour that agreement.

However, to preserve good will, and the hope of repeat custom from the buyer, I would accept that she only wants the one item and refund for the second. If you do a mutual agreement with her that she has the refund, ensuring that you have it in writing she wants only the 1 item not the 2 (print out all contact messages and keep for reference). Mail the item she wants along with her refund. Tell her to sort feedback for both items, you do the same for her. The item she no longer wants can be re-listed. As there are no fees involved, that possibly would be the easier way around it, and she may buy from you again, as you would be an understanding seller.

As I mentioned, it is what I would do to preserve good will between buyer and seller, and only a suggestion of an alternative way of doing things. I hope it helps.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm quite happy just to send the 1 item and relist the 2nd one.

The buyer is also new to eBid so I don't want to put them off during their first purchase. We want as many buyers as possible on here.
    My First Thomas trains and books are available in my store. Please take a look

If the buyer has used a buy it now then they are allowed a coolin off period of 7 days. If they change their mind in this 7 day period then there is not a lot anyone can do about it.
    If it was won through bidding, then the rules change.

Its happens often with me someone buys couple things then decides on one item or a differant item, im not bothered way i see it at least they have bought one item and have been upfront bout the one they dont need.

Forum Lurker
    View haveit's Feedback (+24)
    All-About haveit
    View haveit's Listings
    Forum Posts

What worries me is, if Sellers put in this position feel they have to oblige a buyer because they paid for some of the items they won - these buyers will begin to think this sort of unfair behaviour is ok when they get away with it and it then becomes a habit!. I am not sure I would co-operate with a buyer who does this - I could never do that to a seller its just wrong, bid, bin or not.

My wife is forever buying things then taking them back,Mother -in -law is the same.
    LoL i call them the shopers from hell.

At the end of the day, mistakes do happen, and it shows good customer care if the issue of a mistaken purchase isn't pushed. If the whold transaction is completed to the buyers 'requirements', there is a greater chance of repeat purchases.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Lurker
    View haveit's Feedback (+24)
    All-About haveit
    View haveit's Listings
    Forum Posts

#9 - Well considering most of the sellers on here are not large superstores like Tescos/Debenhams - how far do you think they should bend over to make a sale? Customer care is all very well, but we all know very well that there are some peeps who will take it to the limit if they think they have you over a barrel. I think sellers who oblige too much my create a lot of bad habits.

Thread Information