eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Question What do I need to do? Stand on my head?

Been on here for the last 2 weeks now (or is it 3, losing track of time) and still haven't sold any items. Getting a little bit...frustrated. I listed 4 items on Greedbay last weekend as they had a 10c listing day on Greedbay Ireland and sold 2 of the 4 items. Here, I have a fairly good selection of things and 2 shops, but nobody seems to be interested.
    If I hadn't been successfully selling for the last 5 years (on and off) on Greedbay, I'd think it was down to me, but with a feedback of 300 and 100%, I think I have some experience with online selling.
    What's wrong?
    Luna

Please visit my eBid Stores

Quote Originally Posted by LunabuAllsorts View Post
    Been on here for the last 2 weeks now (or is it 3, losing track of time) and still haven't sold any items. Getting a little bit...frustrated. I listed 4 items on Greedbay last weekend as they had a 10c listing day on Greedbay Ireland and sold 2 of the 4 items. Here, I have a fairly good selection of things and 2 shops, but nobody seems to be interested.
    If I hadn't been successfully selling for the last 5 years (on and off) on Greedbay, I'd think it was down to me, but with a feedback of 300 and 100%, I think I have some experience with online selling.
    What's wrong?
    Dont forget that there is a majority on the other side atm, and only as the smaller sellers are coming away (and telling their customers where to find them) are buyers steering away from there

The first thing I did was email *all* my greedbay customers and tell them where to find me. 2ndly - promote promote promote!!

I put flyers, business cards and address labels in my packages, I have links on my online stores, emails, invoices and forum sigs, I have eBid fridge magnets now - buy something from me and receive an exclusive eBid fridge magnet and tonight I had a half hour discussion about eBid trying to persuade a friend who is sceptical of leaving the other side see? like that!! <------

Its harder work over here because its not as well known, but the buyers and sellers are creeping up - you just need to get word round.

And. If I may add my two pennies worh while Im promoting eBid - you arent (IMHO) doing yourself any favours by comparing the listing sales over there - all the time you continue to list and sell over there without pointing them in the direction of eBid you are not encouraging your custom to come this way are you? As I said - just my personal opinion

Jan

Forum Newbie
    All-About bluedolphins
    View bluedolphins's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi, i'm a newbie from the usa....thot i'd ck out ur site and see how things r goin....

Quote Originally Posted by bluedolphins View Post
    hi, i'm a newbie from the usa....thot i'd ck out ur site and see how things r goin....
    hi bluedolphins, welcome to eBid

Forum Newbie
    All-About bluedolphins
    View bluedolphins's Listings
    Forum Posts

i found ebid bein advertised on a current auction site i'm at, so i thot i'd come wanderin...will be lookin around the forum and auctions for sure

you will find the forums very helpful - theyre a very friendly bunch here

there is a search button at the top of the page if you want something specific, and if you cant find an answer, or just want to start a chat about something new, just start a new post in the relevant category. I think youll be pleasantly surprised with the response

that goes for the auctions too - if you get stuck on anything, either ask the seller a question, or post your query here!

View ravko's Feedback (+123)
    All-About ravko
    View ravko's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanxs for the great comment, could you please tell me what (plug your auctions thread) is and where do I find it...

Come on in and browse my store

You'll find Gifts for almost everyone

Shipping Included In All Prices

http://ca.ebid.net/stores/Orcas-Gifts-N-Things
    Click Banner To Enter The Store
    Some Interesting Places To Visit:

View ravko's Feedback (+123)
    All-About ravko
    View ravko's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Thanxs

Quote Originally Posted by ejean9 View Post
    your store looks great to me...fab items too...and free gifts..if i was you id use the "plug your auctions" thread and highlight the free gift thing...good luck..

Thanxs ejean for the great comment, could you please tell me what (plug your auctions thread) is and where do I find it...

Come on in and browse my store

You'll find Gifts for almost everyone

Shipping Included In All Prices

http://ca.ebid.net/stores/Orcas-Gifts-N-Things
    Click Banner To Enter The Store
    Some Interesting Places To Visit:

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to our eBid family!

VandTnut
    ravko
    MHX
    bluedolphins

So glad you chose to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by phanmale View Post
    Dont forget that there is a majority on the other side atm, and only as the smaller sellers are coming away (and telling their customers where to find them) are buyers steering away from there

The first thing I did was email *all* my greedbay customers and tell them where to find me. 2ndly - promote promote promote!!

I put flyers, business cards and address labels in my packages, I have links on my online stores, emails, invoices and forum sigs, I have eBid fridge magnets now - buy something from me and receive an exclusive eBid fridge magnet and tonight I had a half hour discussion about eBid trying to persuade a friend who is sceptical of leaving the other side see? like that!! <------

Its harder work over here because its not as well known, but the buyers and sellers are creeping up - you just need to get word round.

And. If I may add my two pennies worh while Im promoting eBid - you arent (IMHO) doing yourself any favours by comparing the listing sales over there - all the time you continue to list and sell over there without pointing them in the direction of eBid you are not encouraging your custom to come this way are you? As I said - just my personal opinion

Jan
    Hi Jan, thanks for your reply. I agree with what you're saying and I've already emailed all my recent Greedbay customers telling them that I closed my Greedbay shop and why and sent them a link to eBid and my shop(s) here. However, as I was selling mainly one offs on Greedbay, I didn't have any real "regulars", so nothing much will come out of that.
    With my 2 very recent Greedbay sales, I did add my usual thank-you note with a link to eBid and my shops here.
    Apart from that, it's kind of hard for me to promote eBid. I put a link on my Facebook page, but I'm not really involved in social networking (different generation), so nothing will come out of that either. And most of my friends have different interests and don't shop online.
    Am waiting to get my eBid t-shirt which I will wear, but there's nothing much else I can so at present
    As to listing "on the other side", I only put up 4 listings there because of the cheap listing weekend, but I closed my shop about 3 weeks ago and have no intention of listing there in the near future.
    Luna

Please visit my eBid Stores

Thread Information