eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Lister, open source?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai View Post
    If it starts rolling with variants......

,,,,,, will they be called ........

....... Mutant Ninja Listers?

And, assuming that we get it this year, in 2021 they will be Teenage Mutant Ninja Listers...
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Groan Madelaine

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    And, assuming that we get it this year, in 2021 they will be Teenage Mutant Ninja Listers...
    Actually, that made me laugh...then again, I have a very juvenile sense of humour! "juvenile","teenage"...geddditt?

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai View Post
    Groan Madelaine
    Took you 3 months to groan, Gaz! Where have you been?

(Somewhere nice, I hope?)

Been any more news of those Mutant Ninjas? I want to list a teenage birthday cake for them!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post

hehe...that joke was so bad it somehow was really funny. well done.

As another Linux user, I would also like to see this happen.

Although, spreadsheet worked decently for the bulk uploader.

As I am going 100% Linux for all online work in the near future then I am really behind anything that will make ninja work with Linux!

As eBid is an alternative site I think that catering for alternative users is a must!

Wow, nearly half the people in this thread are Linux users! Things are really looking up!

I guess the EeePC has had a big effect this year.

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

RE: Linux. I use Linux on my Main Desktop .. Chances are you might be able to use Ninja Lister with WINE (I actually have gotten photoshop and quickbooks to work on my linux box with WINE)

For those who think it's a joke.. (it is kinda.. LOL) - WINE = WINdows Emulator

I use both Linux (Cant live without my SSH terminal to my server, and to work.. LOL) and Windows (among other reasons, World of Warcraft, Photoshop, and Burp-O-Lister- FeeBay's lister) plus, it's more efficient for me - I can do 6-10 things at once , with both machines set up at same desk (my desk is massive - corner desk, 5 feet each way- 20 Sq Ft of desk space LOL)

So, I'm happy to use either version..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by idealadultsales View Post
    RE: Linux. I use Linux on my Main Desktop .. Chances are you might be able to use Ninja Lister with WINE (I actually have gotten photoshop and quickbooks to work on my linux box with WINE)

For those who think it's a joke.. (it is kinda.. LOL) - WINE = WINdows Emulator

I use both Linux (Cant live without my SSH terminal to my server, and to work.. LOL) and Windows
    Great to hear that!

Actually, I hate to admit it, but the SSH client on Windows (Putty, open source) is every bit as good as the Linux one!

WINE is a worse joke than WINdows Emulator -- it actually stands for Wine Is Not an Emulator!

Did you pay for Photoshop, is it a pukka version? If it's pirated, beware, a lot of them are hacked and quietly install stuff like keystroke loggers. In which case you're much better off using the Gimp for photo editing.

Anyhow, let's hope you're right and Ninja will run on WINE.

Oops, I can feel a bunch of drunken Ninja jokes imminent!

Thread Information