Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Bid Disappeared

Exclamation My Bid Disappeared

I bid on an item earlier tonight and attache a screen print of the confirmation. However, on checking to see whether I won, it says that I was not involved with the auction. The item sold for 20p, but my confirmed bid was for £1.10.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can only think that someone outbid you at the very last moment

If you go to 'My eBid' then to 'Auctions I Bid On' the result of the auction should be there

e

It is not there. It says that I wasn't involved in the auction. If you search for the completed item, it shows that it finished for £1.10, but if you open the item, it says it finished at 20p. My bid does not show. The result of the auction is not in my eBid at all.

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

Then a quick email to support@ebid.tv with all the details may give you an answer, but not necessarily win you the auction.....

It sounds as though there was some sort of 'glitch' in the system at the time

e

Quote Originally Posted by e_nviable View Post
    Then a quick email to support@ebid.tv with all the details may give you an answer, but not necessarily win you the auction.....

It sounds as though there was some sort of 'glitch' in the system at the time

e
    Have just emailed them. I'll post the reply. I hope it didn't happen to anyone else as well. Normally I'd have just assumed that I hadn't confirmed the bid, but I still had the screen showing on my computer.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

As the winning bid was 20p I don't see how your bid could have been for £1.10 even if the existant bid at the time you placed yours was 20p. £1.10 is not the next logical bid increment after 20p.

Weird...

You could drop the seller a line - she's a new lady and seems a nice enough lady. She drops in and out of the forums too.

Maybe she can give you some idea as to what may have happened from how it looks at her end.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    As the winning bid was 20p I don't see how your bid could have been for £1.10 even if the existant bid at the time you placed yours was 20p. £1.10 is not the next logical bid increment after 20p.

Weird...
    Actually- you can set the bid increment yourself, at least via the bulk upload spreadsheet.. could easily have set a .90 bid increment which would have been 0.20 1.10 2.00 2.90 3.80 4.70, etc
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    Actually- you can set the bid increment yourself, at least via the bulk upload spreadsheet.. could easily have set a .90 bid increment which would have been 0.20 1.10 2.00 2.90 3.80 4.70, etc
    Except the losing bid was 15p. Which would make the bid increment 5p.

I wasn't aware you could set the bid increment in the bulk uploader (I don't use it). I wonder why you can do it there but not when you create a listing online.

(Should that last sentence end with a question mark?)

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

The bulk uploaders a red herring, because whatever you put- ebid change it to fit with their fixed incraments. we used to be able to set our own a year or so back. then ebid changed it. Not one of their more popular moves, but we've got used to it.

Thread Information