Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brrrrrrrr!

Default Brrrrrrrr!

It's so cold here it felt as though my face froze just walking from the house to the car this morning. -15F when I first got up but warmed to a balmy 5F now! (Heard there is a place up north in Maine, near the Canadian border which was -52F this morning)!

Had a strange evening last night, a young man crashed into another young man at the bottom of my driveway. Took out my mailbox. Both are okay but the road was closed for about 45 minutes, glass everywhere, tons of emergency vehicles etc. I had not taken my mail out of the box yet (too cold and didn't want to get out of the car when I arrived home). So, my mail was scattered all over the place. It was dark and thought I'd got it all, then went out this morning and found more mail on the ground.

So...if anyone finds my credit card bill....please pay it okay?

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, you guys back east are getting hit hard with the bitter cold.....stay warm, and be sure your fur-baby stays good 'n warm, too!!

Forum Lurker
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Jencel's Feedback (+17)
    All-About Jencel
    View Jencel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow, that's cold. We've had a cold spell here, but nothing like that. But when it's that cold, I think you get clear blue skies, when here it's mostly grey.

Celia
    For a growing selection of beads, threads and findings.
    My ebid Bead Shop

My All About Me

You're making my teeth chatter just reading your post Gingerjar!

My O/H is a keen follower of the weather and has been watching a storm building up and heading our way for a couple of weeks now. The met office here have just confirmed it today (although at the moment they are saying it's low risk?! ) and it looks set to hit here on Monday and Tuesday so batten down the hatches everybody we could be getting quite a bit of snow!

Advisory of severe or extreme weather

These advisories are issued by 1100 daily as routine and indicate confidence of expected severe or extreme weather. Early warnings and Flash Warnings supersede advisories when confidence levels are 60% or greater.Risk of disruption

Warning

Valid

South West England: Bath + NE Somerset Bournemouth Bristol Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Devon Dorset Gloucestershire N Somerset Plymouth Poole S Gloucestershire Somerset Swindon Torbay WiltshireHeavy SnowMon 19 JanThere is a low risk of an extreme weather event affecting all of England and Wales. Periods of snow have the potential to give significant accumulations across many areas.
    Issued at: 1149 Fri 16 Jan
    South West England: Bath + NE Somerset Bournemouth Bristol Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Devon Dorset Gloucestershire N Somerset Plymouth Poole S Gloucestershire Somerset Swindon Torbay WiltshireHeavy SnowTue 20 JanThere is a low risk of an extreme weather event affecting all of England and Wales. Periods of snow have the potential to give significant accumulations across many areas.
    Issued at: 1156 Fri 16 Jan

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

We have warmed up to a balmy 11F (-12C) and are feeling pretty good about that. Temps in the warmest part of the house are about 54F and OH is fixing the main water pipe that froze and burst under the house last night.
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Pretty warm here in Paradise at 15F....

" Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't. "
    Ben Franklin

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...-and-Militaria

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevil-COMICS

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...CTCs-and-Games

All-About pearlygirl555
    Forum Posts

That's why they call it Paradise, eh?

Default Brrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygirl555 View Post
    We have warmed up to a balmy 11F (-12C) and are feeling pretty good about that. Temps in the warmest part of the house are about 54F and OH is fixing the main water pipe that froze and burst under the house last night.
    Sorry to hear about your frozen pipes! That's certainly not good! My car was groaning when I started it up this morning.

All-About pearlygirl555
    Forum Posts

I'm just glad Mark was home when it happened, as I'm too short to reach the shutoff way down in the pit

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am shivering just reading this.

Thread Information