Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Close My eBid Shop

Default How Do I Close My eBid Shop

I'm wanting to close my eBid shop for a couple of months as i've just had a baby. I have put the shop as 'off line' but people have still bought things, is there away to close down for a while?

Aimee Sparkles Beads

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you close your shop by taking it offline then all the items in it revert to normal listings outside of any shop. Hence why people could still purchase them.

You have two options.

1. Close all your listings.
    2. Set up a Holiday Notice.

The Holiday Notice will leave your items viewable but will prevent anyone bidding on them. See: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0030

And then judge which is the best option for your needs.

P.S. Congrats on the new arrival.

If you end all your listings, you could just repost them at a later date, although if you leave them closed for too long (i don't know how long you have to repost them) they will disappear for good.

Jane

I think you have 90 days before they disappear - though I may be wrong.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

I'm glad I read this. We're taking a family vacation at the end of the month, and I was planning to just take all our stores offline. But if people can still bid, that's not a very good idea, is it?

I didn't realize the Holiday setting now prevented people from bidding. I read the post, a little uncertain as to whether it works. Has anyone used it yet?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post

I didn't realize the Holiday setting now prevented people from bidding. I read the post, a little uncertain as to whether it works. Has anyone used it yet?
    The holiday setting has always stopped people from bidding, that's what it was brought in for last year. It's been used and reported on here, and several of us have seen it "in action". I've certainly tested the theory by trying to bid on holiday marked listings, and it just sits and sulks. If you do use the holiday setting, be sure to put some information in your notice so people don't just think it's broken!

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, the holiday setting works, and you can put your auctions on a holiday setting for as long a period of time as you like. If you have auctions reposting, once they have reached the end of the repostings they will close. Otherwise your auctions will remain in your shop, just as you've done them, until you take your holiday setting off.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AimeeSparklesBeads View Post
    I'm wanting to close my eBid shop for a couple of months as i've just had a baby. I have put the shop as 'off line' but people have still bought things, is there away to close down for a while?

Aimee Sparkles Beads
    If you decide you want to close the listings, use the 'export listings' link first so that you have a file with all your listings on. save the file with a name you can remember! as a .txt file. when you want to start up again, go to your 'my bulk upload' button in your 'my ebid' area, you will be promted to find your .txt file. click upload, then click 'launch'. all your listings will be available again

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    If you decide you want to close the listings, use the 'export listings' link first so that you have a file with all your listings on. save the file with a name you can remember! as a .txt file. when you want to start up again, go to your 'my bulk upload' button in your 'my ebid' area, you will be promted to find your .txt file. click upload, then click 'launch'. all your listings will be available again

Wow i never knew that, thanks for the info.
    Just one question though, Do you have to export them individually, or can you do them altogether ?

Jane

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've spent this afternoon playing around with this. Exported (everything closed) and then edited and uploaded again. I knew I hadn't done all the changes I wanted, since some involved picures that weren't even made yet, so now I'm going through the uploaded listings making changes. All looks fine so far.

Thread Information