Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 50 of 136 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Quote Originally Posted by bloss000 View Post
    I don't very often and I never write on there - as you say they are all very angry; especially today!

I have down sized my business over there due to recent changes but will have to look carefully at whether it is worth continuing there at all. Sales are very slow and when I have buyers that don't e-mail or pay after 7 days - I wonder what the point is when I can't even neg. them to warn others and for wasting my time!
    My feedback % went down also, because of some neutral feedbacks. i was on 99.9% up until yesterday. At the moment i have nothing listed on there, and although i will have to keep listing on there for the moment, my hearts not in it anymore.
    I don't write on the forums over there either, mostly because if your not part of the clique your either torn apart, or ignored.
    I really hope ebid gets alot more people to come over from ebay, so that i can
    list less there, and more here.

Jane

Forum Newbie
    All-About dropdeadfred
    View dropdeadfred's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mountainrangeuk View Post
    Because of the recent changes brought in by ebay my feedback has dropped because of a couple of people clicking the wrong button and leaving neutral instead of positive.
    Neutral marks now count as negatives (how they worked that one out I'll never know!)

Many people will be unwittingly caught out by that and find their scores lower or even find themselves suspended. Since I've been using eBay I've lost count of the number of times I've seen remarks along the lines of 'item received, very happy' yet they've left a neutral mark. Why? If you're happy, leave a positive. It's not rocket science!

The feedback changes are like a red rag to a bull. I had one item that I'd bought a few days ago and it arrived this morning so I was able to leave feedback before I went to work. When I got to the page I was greeted with a message that said

Important changes to Feedback
    Buyers, you can no longer receive negative or neutral Feedback from sellers.

You should leave honest and accurate Feedback without the fear of receiving negative or neutral ratings.

eBay should've just written "go on, give them a big fat red spot right on their 100% score. Go on. eBay cares"

As people have already mentioned on here, eBay's demise can only be a good thing for sites like this. I have noticed people mentioning that there are lots of sellers here but not many buyers but that will change because without the sellers on eBay, there's nothing to buy and people will start looking for the alternatives. The choice on there has dropped significantly over the past few months and it's very repetitive.

I'm just waiting to see what happens when America gets the feedback changes soon. I'm wondering when we're going to hear about the first lawsuit against the changes!

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just catching up on this thread and welcome to all the new sellers on eBid ..
    I was just thinking eBay have done more than just shot them self in the foot
    corr what a carry on no more selling for me on there.. unless promoting and plugging eBid to the eBay sheep...

shameful plugging of my new eBid store on all the scooting forums I can find join up on today has been going on LOL

CLICK BANNER BELOW TO VIEW MY eBID STORE

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

all new peeps joining please take a look through some of these threads they will help your sales

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100837 getting started a few tips
    if you run a website or a simple webspace eg: myspace etc. drop a ebid search box into it
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=94751 (it`s simple even i did it )
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=95311 get ebid logo`s etc.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=95239 add ebid search to your browser
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=101126 scrolling pictures of your auctions
    escrow srvices this is uk based and 100% genuine http://auctionchex.com/escrow-s.html

escrow fees see here
    http://auctionchex.com/efees-s.html

remember you need to do this to get your items onto google
    Google doesn't accept items that are auction only, they have to have a BuyNow price,but they can have an auction price as well.eBid upload ALL eligable items to google products 3 times a month,To qualify for uploads items need to be:
    1) Legal
    2) have a BuyNow price
    3) Have at least 7 days remaining OR are On First Bid OR are Run Until Sold at 5am on the 8th, 18th and 28th of each month

i use mostly run until sold with bin price
    for exporting fb use http://auctionfb.com/
    you can add your signature to emails using your buddy point link (from myebid) click on buddy points
    scroll down and copy paste to your email signature
    also add the buddy points signature to your auction descriptions has someone may click your link through google it will give them incentive to join and buy tell them it is free to join

good luck dave & all others who compiled this list

i am updating this as much as i can when finding things so please be patient and follow all thats on here already

Quote Originally Posted by dropdeadfred View Post
    Neutral marks now count as negatives (how they worked that one out I'll never know!)

Many people will be unwittingly caught out by that and find their scores lower or even find themselves suspended. Since I've been using eBay I've lost count of the number of times I've seen remarks along the lines of 'item received, very happy' yet they've left a neutral mark. Why? If you're happy, leave a positive. It's not rocket science!

The feedback changes are like a red rag to a bull. I had one item that I'd bought a few days ago and it arrived this morning so I was able to leave feedback before I went to work. When I got to the page I was greeted with a message that said

Important changes to Feedback

You should leave honest and accurate Feedback without the fear of receiving negative or neutral ratings.

eBay should've just written "go on, give them a big fat red spot right on their 100% score. Go on. eBay cares"

As people have already mentioned on here, eBay's demise can only be a good thing for sites like this. I have noticed people mentioning that there are lots of sellers here but not many buyers but that will change because without the sellers on eBay, there's nothing to buy and people will start looking for the alternatives. The choice on there has dropped significantly over the past few months and it's very repetitive.

I'm just waiting to see what happens when America gets the feedback changes soon. I'm wondering when we're going to hear about the first lawsuit against the changes!

I also had a buyer leave me a neut, saying "all was ok" The person left a batch of neuts that day saying the same thing. I also had one that said "I expected package to arrive sooner" This person bought on the week that we had the first postal strikes in october, and even when i emailed him to explain, he didn't get it. At the time i didn't bother trying to do a mutual feedback withdrawal, because back then a neut was just nothing. Now they are stopping the mutual withdrawal, so even though we now know that a neut is really a neg, we won't be able to even send them the feedback withdrawl thingy.
    I also can't wait to see what they do in America when they get the new changes.

I have bought a couple of things on ebid since i started listing, mainly to start getting some feedback, so buyers will trust me enough to buy from me.

Jane

Yes, I really must list some more over there, Try and get more people over here.

I need to change my mass uploaded listings too, I don't think i'd buy any of them off me either, the titles and descriptions are a bit on the brief side and they look a mess. i suppose that's what happens when you directly upload Amazon listings. If anyone is interested in anything, just send me a question and I'll let you know what its called, where the amazon description is, and the real price, I didn't take into account the lack of fees when i uploaded them, just hit the button, so the prices at the river will be about 10% lower. I need to try and deal with that this weekend. There have at least been a lot of views which I think is very encouraging.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dropdeadfred View Post

The change took effect on 12th May as far as I know.

Forum Newbie
    View Heruur's Feedback (+180)
    All-About Heruur
    View Heruur's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Ebay pop-up a wee bit overboard?!!!

Yup I saw this pop up too:

"Important changes to Feedback

You should leave honest and accurate Feedback without the fear of receiving negative or neutral ratings ."

God, I hope my customers with minor problems have a pop up blocker! *YES this IS a prayer* Oh BTW i just got my first NNFB blackmailer today... Nice, very nice. No, Ebay didn't shoot their foot- they put one between their eyes! Didn't do much though, because any brain is long since gone...

Yup ebay has been yanking posts by power sellers victoriously too! Oh- Got a screen cap and emiled it to the sellers i bought from as a heads up FWIW.

Good times, let the games begin!
    Heruur Electronic Specialties Co.
    ~If you can DREAM of it We can build it!~
    http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Max View Post
    I am BlueMax_101 at eBay. Not a prolific user but has 170 positive feedbacks since joining them over six years ago. eBay used to make decisions that were biased towards the seller and unfair to the buyer.
    But they appear to have cleaned up their act in the last couple of years. Recently I had to complain about non-delivery of an item and lack of response from the seller. PayPal investigated and I was refunded in full.
    It's not hard to get a refund out of Paypal. All a buyer has to do is start squealing non-receipt of goods at them, and hey presto.

All claims, genuine and fraudulent result in refunds and chargebacks against sellers. Now that feeBay owns Thiefpal, they won't allow Thiefpal to put off users from buying on feeBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Max View Post
    I am BlueMax_101 at eBay. Not a prolific user but has 170 positive feedbacks since joining them over six years ago. eBay used to make decisions that were biased towards the seller and unfair to the buyer.
    But they appear to have cleaned up their act in the last couple of years. Recently I had to complain about non-delivery of an item and lack of response from the seller. PayPal investigated and I was refunded in full.

As part of eBay promotions, I also got two vouchers. £5 and £10 :-)
    So I am a happy bunny :-)

I used to actively promote eBid at one time. But can not do so any longer. Not after the effort and time I spent trying to get eBid to put right accounting errors. They failed!

Now they want me to update my debit card details! No way I am going to give them a mandate to take money from my bank account without my permission; which is what they want to do.
    Yes, there are lots of complaints on the forums of PayPal refunding buyers all over the place, despite sellers having tracking numbers and able to prove delivery. It is annoying sellers no end. Enjoy it while you can, there won't be that much of a choice over there soon, because, surprisingly enough, good sellers do not want to be constantly faced with undeserved chargebacks from fraudulent buyers, and they appear to be shutting down in droves.

The only sellers that will be left over there soon will be the powersellers, selling 10,000 units a day and who, quite frankly, won't give a monkeys about either their service or your neg.

Thread Information