My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Would like a shipping calculator and a tax calculator

Default Would like a shipping calculator and a tax calculator

I have been an eBay member for almost 9 years. I came here when Yahoo closed down and switched my feedback from that. I am and have been a Power Seller on eBay and have a web site. I run a business and rely on multiple purchases and to be able to have combined shipping by using a shipping calculator with USPS rates around the world. For our business this is essential to be able to operate seemlesly. I am a seller+ on here and am ready to add atleast 1,000 items into a store. We akso need a tax calculator but with out it we can not operate. Both of these calculators need to be implemented on here before we can even think of putting any listings on. Any idea of when this will happen?

Bill

Here it has been 10 days since this post and no answer. Would like to know if this is in the plan or did I pay the $49.99 for nothing?

Bill

Hi
    Gazza answered the question of a shipping calculator in this post. Not sure on a tax one.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....ing+calculator
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

I too run a business. I already have 700 items listed on this site alone. I will have over 4000 items listed when I am fully up and running. I too rely on muliple purchases. I also post internationally.

So where do we differ....

I and my staff use good old fashioned calculator's bought from a high street stationers to work out the charges.

Yes it would be nice to have such things built in to the site, but it's not the be all and end all of life.

There are far more important things needed.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

USPS and UPS calculators will be added to us.eBid.net in the very near future.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

I do not have a staff to be able to sit and figure out what the shipping will be for each and every item. We sell our items all around the world and we have an eBay store and a web site besides running a regular business, there is not enough time in the day to have to deal with things that should already be set up.
    A potential customer when they want to buy something they want to know now not later what the charges will be other wise they will leave.
    In the US a tax table is also a neccesity. We are a legal business that has to charge sales tax for items sold in our state. Again if a custome has to sit around and wait to know what the total cost will be they will leave and go some where else. They will even pay more money to get it some where else than to sit and wait.
    Gazza replied that they are working on a shipping calculator which is good but they also need a tax table since in the US since all states have different tax rates. In the UK you have VAT which is paid no matter who or where you sell it. In the US sales tax is only for items sold in your state and the rest of the world does not pay it. So we get to sell our items to the other 49 states tax free so there is incentive to buy.

Bill

I'm pretty sure Paypal allows vendor to set tax table, and it's automatically added during the payment processing.

If eBid sets up a tax table, wonder if it would lead to double taxation, where eBid adds the state tax, and then paypal adds another tax on top of that amount. That sort of thing has lead to wars, methinks.... or at least the taxation without representation did.

Google Checkout probably has the same thing, can't remember.

Thread Information