eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL eBid response requested for those who wish feedback imported...

View TCCSales's Feedback (+13769)
    All-About TCCSales
    View TCCSales's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation OFFICIAL eBid response requested for those who wish feedback imported...

In eBid's February Newsletter, eBid said of themselves, the following:

"...we are always open to new suggestions. On our auction site, you are guaranteed to get a personal response, not a lengthy sequence of automated emails. This IS the auction site that listens to what it's members want."

It is with those statements in mind, that I now ask the managers, supervisors, or "powers that be" at eBid, to PLEASE answer the following 3 questions. They have been asked before..& NOT just be myself; but there has been NO response...short, lengthy, or otherwise from eBid themselves.

Being that it is obvious at this point, that feedback CAN & IS being imported from "other auction" sites, the questions are:

1) WHAT auction sites can feedback be imported from?

2) HOW do sellers take advantage of getting their feedback imported onto eBid?

3) If importing feedback is only possible under certain situations, what are those certain situations?

PLEASE respond to these questions; & prove that eBid is truly different from "other auction" sites.

With growth, comes more new sellers. From those new sellers, come some basic questions.

Asking for an Official answer/response to what many are asking is not a very large request.

To get a direct and immediate response it is advisable to contact eBid support rather than open a discussion in the forums, unless you want to discuss this.

This allows us to function more efficiently
    Last edited by Mark; 21st March 2008 at 09:02 PM.
    http://www.ebid.net
    Home of the Zero Fee Online Auction
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn

Unfortuantely, we are unable to mirror/transfer feedback from eBay.

To mirror feedback ratings from other sites, please send a jpeg/gif screen shot of your feedback from within your login area of the site in question.
    http://www.ebid.net
    Home of the Zero Fee Online Auction
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

And how do you get feedback transferred from places such as Tesco Direct and from sales to airlines?

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

View TCCSales's Feedback (+13769)
    All-About TCCSales
    View TCCSales's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you Mark for the answers. I will do as you instructed straight away. Until now, I was unaware of the procedure.....

I would suggest to all who wish their feedback imported, to follow Mark's instructions as well.

Happy Easter to All......

View bloss000's Feedback (+225)
    All-About bloss000
    View bloss000's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TCCSales View Post
    Thank you Mark for the answers. I will do as you instructed straight away. Until now, I was unaware of the procedure.....

I would suggest to all who wish their feedback imported, to follow Mark's instructions as well.

Happy Easter to All......
    Does this mean that new sellers could be showing a feedback of 100++? This seems a bit of a strange, if not unfair carry-on to those of us that are trying to build a reputation here from 0.
    I have a link to show my sales record elsewhere, but to import it here would give a false impression of my business here.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bloss000 View Post
    Does this mean that new sellers could be showing a feedback of 100++? This seems a bit of a strange, if not unfair carry-on to those of us that are trying to build a reputation here from 0.
    I have a link to show my sales record elsewhere, but to import it here would give a false impression of my business here.
    I agree we should only have eBid feedback here, the others are meaningless; they may be for numerous ebooks.

If feedback is imported it should be from everywhere (including the big website) or none at all.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

I agree with lofty100e as regards no importing of feedback, if people wan to check out previous feedback history there are ways it can be done without distorting a sellers record on here. Have a loo at one of my listings to see how I have done it.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

am also against feedback being imported. I have a link to my other feedback on my 'about me' page and also in my listings.
    Distorting the feedback on this site seems so unfair on those of us who have supported this site for years and worked hard to get a reputation here on Ebid.
    If sellers/buyers want a good feedback score on here let them earn it here...

View lynxy's Feedback (+18)
    All-About lynxy
    View lynxy's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also Agree with Lofty100e.
    If importing feedback is allowed then it should be from everywhere (including Greedbay ) or not at all.
    Also importing feedback as numbers with no comments other than This piece of Positive feedback was officially imported into eBid..... is worthless. That for me does not instill trust as a buyer. If anything it's offputting & I would be more inclined to shop elsewhere

Thread Information