My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Postal order tracking

Angry Postal order tracking

Hi there, recently posted a PO as payment for a purchase. Recieved no correspondance from the recipient, hence no PO no purchase, nothing.
    Does anyone know what the procedure is to track the PO ? I have no idea whether the seller recieved it or cashed it and its driving me crazy.
    I thought sending a PO was the safest route, now Im not so sure.
    Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. thanks

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by secretprincess View Post
    Hi there, recently posted a PO as payment for a purchase. Recieved no correspondance from the recipient, hence no PO no purchase, nothing.
    Does anyone know what the procedure is to track the PO ? I have no idea whether the seller recieved it or cashed it and its driving me crazy.
    Have you tried taking your receipt ( the stub you got when you bought the PO) into the post office and asking them?

I wouldn't agree that sending postal orders is 'the safest route' they are expensivbe to buy, risk being lost in the post, and time consuming for the seller to cash- especially if you 'crossed' the postal order.

How have you corresponded with the seller? Via email or via After Auction log?. What was the sellers feedback like? Have you emailed EBID support?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by secretprincess View Post
    I would say that the best way to send/receive a postal order is to make sure it is crossed so that the recipient can only pay this into an account (post office or bank/building society. The Post Office can then check to see if it has been cashed. I also ask them to send it by recorded delivery. I like to keep all bases covered lol

i used to be a postman and if i send any thing with them i always send it special delivery as it is the only gaurenteed service .the recorded system is rubbish it goes through the same system as normal post . s for tracking the po you can find out if it has been cashed you will have to pay though i think it is about £2.50 or something but they will also send you the name of the person who has cashed it as they have it on record.

Angry missing p/o

hi i sent a p/o a bout 3 weeks ago a nd the other person is saying they aint recieved it can i track to see if it has been cashed

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

did you keep the stub if so yes go to royalmail.com i think theres something on the site about it

To trace if a Postal Order has been cashed you would need to complete a P58 form available from any Post Office® branch. When you’ve completed the form hand this in at the Post Office® and this will be forwarded to Royal Mail to investigate.

Alternatively you can send the P58 form and the receipt for the postal orders to:
    Postal Order Group
    PO Box 168
    Chesterfield
    S49 1ZL

It is recommended that you keep a copy of the receipt for your own records.
    Last edited by merlin_man; 10th March 2008 at 09:50 AM.

Forum Newbie
    View MumTo1's Feedback (+36)
    All-About MumTo1
    View MumTo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kerriebadawe View Post
    hi i sent a p/o a bout 3 weeks ago a nd the other person is saying they aint recieved it can i track to see if it has been cashed
    You could try phoning the nearest post office to where your seller lives.

Normally they are willing to give the information over the telephone.

Did you sent it crossed and nameless?

Casey

I once asked this question and the post office told me it can take up to 6 months, and it will cost me a fee.
    My CD and DVD listings. Mobile and mp3 accessories
    http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Simple suggestion
    Just because your not on feebay doesnt mean your not dealling with the same Kind of people (bythat i mean buyers and sellers)

Always Cover your back side
    keep reciepts pay via trackable means of payment
    do not send cash in the post

Just simple things your sales agreement is not a financial protection form so keep your self covered by making sure you dont send money in the post or anything similar like that or just use higher level feedback users first till you get the hang of things

Thread Information