eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If FEEBAY Greatly reduced there fees would you return?

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question If FEEBAY Greatly reduced there fees would you return?

Easy enough question? What would you do? What would happen to Ebid?

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

i`m still there lol so no yes maybe

Mellieha Malta, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View justfran's Feedback (+91)
    All-About justfran
    View justfran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Easy enough question? What would you do? What would happen to Ebid?
    I am afraid I still list on there as well ..
    I prefer Ebid but sometimes things just SIT...I havent go a lot listed here I know but I leave them as sometimes someone does come along and buy..
    I use the other side to get things gone from my house...only low cost things but I want them gone...
    If Ebid had more buyers then I would not list over there whatever the fees...
    I am THINKING of starting a new venture later in the year and would like to have a new store on here.....but if things dont sell ??..Dilemma..

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

No I wouldn't return. Both ebay and their payment processer paypal are are a faceless corporations with very poor customer service. Their main aim is shareholders profits, so any reduction in fees would either be temporary to trick users back, or they would claw back in other ways ( e.g increase paypal fees).

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps I should rephase the question as Most of us seem to still sell over there..
    Would you list more over there if the fees came down! I think I would go back to listing my Good items on there and the not so good on here......NOW I LIST ALL MY ITEMS HERE unless feebay have a cheap listing day!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

But is it JUST all about fees?
    What about their appalling record of dealing with customer support issues? Or the complaints about fraud? Or the number of sellers that we KNOW are dodgy but they allow them to keep trading? Or the auctions that can be reported a dozen times yet still stay on the site? Or the fact that they continue to change the Terms and Conditions (in their favour) without giving the site users any say in the matter? Or the fact that you can't speak to a human unless you are a top power seller so yo have to put up with stupidly inaccurate automated messages?

And so on.

Choosing a site to sell on is NOT just all about the cost. It's about the whole experience, including whether you feel you can actually trust the people involved and I have to say that eBay comes up short IMO.

I think it is principally about cost, but unless they go for a 'pay when it sells' model for me the answer would be probably not. I agree the customer service if you can call it that, is useless, but thankfully I didn't have a great need for it. The fraud issue is also another big problem.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would have to think long & hard about that, as I have learnt that if you leave neutral on greedbay the seller leaves you negative. I have complained many times to greedbay regarding the abuse of the feedback system and they claim they cant get involved. Now a neutral as everyone knows does nowt to your feedback, takes no points away nothing. But there are twats on there who contact you after & abuse the system by f ing & blinding at you for the neutral comment. I do contact them before the comments but i get no responce. Unless greedbay had a similar system to eBid where you can change the feedback then maybe I might consider it. But to be charged a listing fee, selling fee & fee for Peepal as well is alot to contend with, I know we as people who work etc try & look after the family & pay bills, arent looking to make millions. But greedbay & Peepay do have shareholders, they wont put their prices down for any reason.

I must admit I am still selling on there, hoping to get shot of stuff before I leave. Get summer over & done with.

Oh and dont start me off on the fraud thing LMAO

OOOOOOOOO did I write an essay on that ROFL. :-)
    Last edited by Cocksparrer; 23rd June 2007 at 04:55 PM.

Still sell on both. But like others on here have said, it's not just about fees. You need a stable, trustworthy environment to work in and build your business and E*y has a history of changing their policies every two minutes.

I am a buyer, not a seller, but I do agree with the abuse of FB on Espit. I have 2 negatives.
    1) I won and auction on USA site. I paid by PayPal 6 minutes after the auction end. Parcel arrived from USA. 2 fragile ornaments in an oversized box. One wrapped in a plastic bag, the other loose. A handful of polystyrene beads tossed in on top. One was smashed, the other the glaze was "crazed". Feeling generous I gave him a neutral. I got a negative, several obscene comments sent via Ebay internal mail, and a threat of what he would do with the broken ornaments. Espit refused to amend the unwarranted negative, or do anything about the abusive emails.
    I posted on the USA forums and was contacted by 8 women who had also received obscene emails. I forwarded their "names" to Espit USA and UK. I received a warning letter from the "Head of Power Sellers USA" informing me this toad was an all round good guy. I sent him copies of the emails I received. No comment.
    Espit UK said if I was worried by the threats, I should notify the Police. They would do nothing.
    2) Sent me the wrong items. Refused to pay for return postage. She suggested I sell the items on Espit myself. She couldn't supply the items I ordered as she had none left. I think selling things you don't have is fraud. I contacted Espit... who said they couldn't help. I had to take out a dispute with PayPal to get a refund, and had to pay the return postage. I sent the items back recorded delivery, so was out of pocket.
    She has 414 negs to date [22 in the last month alone], and 548 mutually withdrawn FB so how come she is still selling? I left a neg, and got one in return. I didn't withdraw mine. Why should I have to withdraw a deserved negative to get an unwarranted one removed from my FB?
    I always check with http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs now to see what their record is before I buy. You can also see if they leave retaliatory FB.

Thread Information