My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Doll's House Paintings

Default Doll's House Paintings

I know there are a decent amount of sellers on here, who sell dolls etc, so when I saw this news story, I thought it might be our PR people again, but then there was no eBid mentioned , so maybe not:

Tiny paintings have big appeal

The detailed paintings are just this size - or smaller

A former milkman's pint-sized pictures are attracting interest - from owners of dolls' houses all over the world.
    Dave Williams, from Kidderminster, started painting miniature pictures six years ago, and now they are being snapped up by doll house collectors.
    Some paintings are just 1in (2.5cm) wide and painted with the naked eye, using no magnification aids.
    "It's just a challenge and I love it," said Mr Williams. "I keep trying to make them smaller and smaller."
    Mr Williams, 56, has now painted more than 1,000 miniature masterpieces - each one different - and has no plans to stop.
    Miniature master Dave Williams was self-taught

His activities attracted the worldwide attention of owners and collectors of dolls' houses, who enjoy the innovation of an original picture in the rooms - and are willing to pay for them.
    Now Mr Williams says he can barely keep up with the demand.
    Among his paintings are local scenes, such as pubs, castles and old houses, as well as rural settings.
    "My pictures have gone all over the world," he said. "I've had commissions from everywhere, including the United States, Australia , New Zealand, Canada and Europe. "And when they bought them, they've come back and had more. "I've learned to paint all by myself, just using determination - and I really enjoy it," he said.

I paint miniatures as well as my more usual sized ones have a look here
    http://mycollectibles.kaboodle.com/k...paintings.html
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information