Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 132 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3282122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1352

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by isayletsshop View Post
    I don't think anyone buys anthing here. that was going to be my thread.
    Here are all the listings with bids on

You will need to scroll down a bit as the page is a bit askew right now.

You will have a hard time selling as all your listings are 'run until sold' which will stay at the bottom of the search list. You will need to change them and list them all at 7 - 10 days x 10 relists, that way your items will rise to the top of the search list as time runs out and you'll get a lot more exposure.

x

Also isayletsshop, you have nothing on your About me page, your items are for US only not worldwide. Have a read of this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...postcount=6223
    for some tips.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by earthangel View Post
    Seeing as how I've nearly doubled my feedback in the month since I "returned to active duty" here, I can honestly say that aint so!
    I agree. Seems to me that things are starting to pick up thanks to the google link. I have had something like 20 bids/sales in last 2 weeks. Quite a few new people too.

Sales will pick up, so it is important to get the listings polished and stock in the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    It shot itself in the foot 18 months ago, it's now working on it's other body parts, it may have trouble finding it's brains though!
    I do believe that they are as well shooting them selves in the other body parts as well. They have been a double standard for a very long time now, as you might remember that people were getting suspended for listing brand name items ( clothing) mainly. Like T*mmy Hilfiger / R*lph lauren / P*ada / ect ect... but how is it that they can allow Goodwill, ARC, Easterseals ect ect... to sell these items and not be penalized?
    Yes it is a double standard, they will be going down and it may take sometime. But the best part is that we ALL GET TO WATCH !

Quote Originally Posted by plusizeglamor View Post
    I do believe that they are as well shooting them selves in the other body parts as well. They have been a double standard for a very long time now, as you might remember that people were getting suspended for listing brand name items ( clothing) mainly. Like T*mmy Hilfiger / R*lph lauren / P*ada / ect ect... but how is it that they can allow Goodwill, ARC, Easterseals ect ect... to sell these items and not be penalized?
    Yes it is a double standard, they will be going down and it may take sometime. But the best part is that we ALL GET TO WATCH !
    Yes, and the rules change all the time. The name brand thing seems to be about them not wanting to take a chance on getting their hands slapped over licensing etc. But like you say, I can go into the charity stores and buy everything.

Feebay failed in a big way last week. As you will remember, General Motors signed up to sell cars directly to consumers on feebay. Was to be california to start, all of US to follow. GM cancelled program last week. Few sales, and no way to follow up to see if sales were generated at dealerships by potential buyers seeing cars on line either. Apparently the great traffic of feebay did not help GM sell cars. May be other big box stores think twice about going with feebay.

More failures to come I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Yes, and the rules change all the time. The name brand thing seems to be about them not wanting to take a chance on getting their hands slapped over licensing etc. But like you say, I can go into the charity stores and buy everything.

Feebay failed in a big way last week. As you will remember, General Motors signed up to sell cars directly to consumers on feebay. Was to be california to start, all of US to follow. GM cancelled program last week. Few sales, and no way to follow up to see if sales were generated at dealerships by potential buyers seeing cars on line either. Apparently the great traffic of feebay did not help GM sell cars. May be other big box stores think twice about going with feebay.

More failures to come I am sure.
    On the other hand (and again, I am not defending their decision to it), but it got a lot of publicity.

Maybe ebid doing similar - whether it fails or not - wouldnt be such a bad thing.

On the branded items subject - havent Ebid got a similar policy in place?
    If not - they should have.

Forum Newbie
    View Sunshine49's Feedback (+1)
    All-About Sunshine49
    View Sunshine49's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi45ish View Post
    DONT USE PAYPAL. Ebay owns them. what is the point of moving away from ebay if they continue to get your support using paypal?

change to Google checkout, just as safe and not owned by ebay money mongers.

I agree anything is better than paypal. On ebay you pay twice for the same item. ebay final value fee and again you pay another final value fee on paypal. By the time you are done with all the fees it amounts to 1/3 of the sell price.

Then paypal thinks they have a right to hold your money, refund it without you getting it back or whatever they want to do with it. paypal dreams up some filmsy excuse for not letting you spend or transfer YOUR OWN MONEY. If you use paypal BEWARE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine49 View Post
    I agree anything is better than paypal. On ebay you pay twice for the same item. ebay final value fee and again you pay another final value fee on paypal. By the time you are done with all the fees it amounts to 1/3 of the sell price.

Then paypal thinks they have a right to hold your money, refund it without you getting it back or whatever they want to do with it. paypal dreams up some filmsy excuse for not letting you spend or transfer YOUR OWN MONEY. If you use paypal BEWARE!!!!!

Neat move.

Most sellers accept paypal on ebid.
    Most buyers recognise paypal.
    I only accept paypal from overseas customers.

As a seller - it is more important to me that my buyers have some sort of protection by paypal and they can purchase with confidence.

And you come along and try and put people off.

Nice move.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 10th January 2010 at 07:29 PM.

I'm not happy with Paypal but everyone wants it.

Google Checkout the sensible alternative, I daresay most buyers would be confident with that.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information