Thread: Many views no

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Many views no sales

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    i think that there's no harm and absolutely nothing to lose by still listing those die cast models on Ebid. I would, of course use run until sold rather than auto repost option. Whether the listings climb to the top of the Ebid search is in my mind a moot point, but of more relevance is where they feature in Google's search.
    Clearly you're looking for a new website where the models can be sold, but i fear that the results may be little different to what has been found here, but there really is no harm, in using as many sites as possible....hence.... why i still advise utilising the services of Ebid.
    I agree with most of the above post. Good titles Google upload, BIN price etc
    But if a seller as paid for seller+ with no listings fees to be paid, with only a small fvf to pay, would it not be beneficial for a seller to auto relist e.g 10 X 10 to get their listings showing at the top of ebid search on a regular basis as a extra promotion along with the google upload advertising? rather than the listings languishing at the bottom of the ebid search where they are unlikely to be found by browsing buyers.

I am of the opinion that it would be better for sellers who have paid for seller+ to auto relist X ?, There is also the added bonus of those listings going as new fresh listings to google at a later date .
    I agree that with sparse catagories RUS may be good, but for more populated catagories not so.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    I have done it all... NO SALES ! Very tired of it! All the advice. All things right. No one is perfect but I do a great job I think and still...NO SALES! I ask if it's broken even and get back the same things I have done as "Have You Tried"? NO SALES ! Some one needs to do something!
    Everyone here is thrilled with the growth and listing outcomes over the past decade plus. Other than advice of how to gain Google shopping exposure, filling in your all about me page, having the lowest prices on your items here, no all caps in titles and list more sell more, nobody is going to do anything more.
    Sites which have been around one third the time have the same amount of listings with more variety so I don't see this as becoming a "hot" auction site.
    There are a few members who do well or so they say but without knowing cost of their items it's hard to determine how well they are doing. I just see sell prices, assume a listing with pictures and creating a description takes time and time is money.

Forum Lurker
    All-About eBidSocial
    View eBidSocial's Listings
    Forum Posts

A quick search found over 17 diecast, corgie, hotwheels, model cars communities on google+. These people collect what you are selling! Some of them only have a handfull of people in them but join them none the less. Share your listings to them. Share your shop link. It works.
    Dean

Forum Newbie
    All-About suzy9616
    View suzy9616's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Many views no

not many views for me and definitely no sales either! I am willing to ship abroad but out of all the people in all those countries, no one seems interested :/

I am with you all. I don't go shopping at a regular store and have to do anything but walk in. I certainly would not bother. That could be one of the problems. If I go somewhere to look at stuff on the internet and they want my info I go away. Why should I give you anything to just look. Then I may find it a good place. You can get info at check out or some other way or time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Tha'ts a good idea.

But it may pay to start a new thread in the features forum so that ebid may notice it and others can comment on your idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    I am with you all. I don't go shopping at a regular store and have to do anything but walk in. I certainly would not bother. That could be one of the problems. If I go somewhere to look at stuff on the internet and they want my info I go away. Why should I give you anything to just look. Then I may find it a good place. You can get info at check out or some other way or time.
    Are you saying new visitors have to register before they can browse? Surely that's not true.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

I don't know how it works. I am interested. If you find out how it works for buyers PLEASE post and let me know. I don't know what the problem is.
    I believe there is one though. Good Luck and Many Sales!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Are you saying new visitors have to register before they can browse? Surely that's not true.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Anyone can browse the site....there's no need to verify anything....when buying there's the need to sign up, but as far as i know there isn't always a need to offer verification and as i can see it appears to be a very random process.
    I only had to provide proof of who i was when i was a seller and this appeared to coincide with me listing a mobile phone. There appear to be a number of new users locked out of their newly created accounts or the user names crossed out and the requirement for them to upload certain ID....this has caused a number of forum users to ask if this is over zealous.
    Theres a thread dedicated to this issue.

There is indeed. Always a good idea to give a link to a thread, but I admit I can't find it either!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

I am very private. It bothered me very much at first to give out all the required info to do things. Just the way it is in this new world. When it comes to buying, I see no reason for it. I think the sellers will weed out any bad buyers by way of forums and feed back and... I am very new and could be wrong but for what it is worth that is my opinion for now. Happy sales
    Anyone can browse the site....there's no need to verify anything....when buying there's the need to sign up, but as far as i know there isn't always a need to offer verification and as i can see it appears to be a very random process.
    I only had to provide proof of who i was when i was a seller and this appeared to coincide with me listing a mobile phone. There appear to be a number of new users locked out of their newly created accounts or the user names crossed out and the requirement for them to upload certain ID....this has caused a number of forum users to ask if this is over zealous.

Thread Information