eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Hi new to ebid just to say great siteI might be on the wroung forum but i am abuyer from the other side was going to start selling on feebay but it looks like i left it too late as they dont seem to want small sellers anymore.i found ebid on the forum on feebay of brassed off sellers who said they were thinking of jumping ship.so if I was a seller on the other side i would post threads all over there forums to get others to jump ship.would imagine most of you are still registered there.If you can get enough sellersto come to this site then the buyers will follow.wonder if you are getting any new members from Ireland or is mainly Uk any way have bought afew items already and hope it goes well for all you sellers as everyone seems pretty friendly here

Quote Originally Posted by rocky4195 View Post
    wonder if you are getting any new members from Ireland or is mainly Uk any way have bought afew items already and hope it goes well for all you sellers as everyone seems pretty friendly here
    Hi, my post is just above yours and I live in Ireland. Was buying and selling on Greedbay for the last 5 years and had a shop there for the last year which was doing fine, but I closed it a few weeks ago because of the fee changes. You're right, they don't want small (or medium) sellers on Greedbay anymore.
    Give it a try here and see what happens. Welcome aboard
    Luna

Please visit my eBid Stores

Quote Originally Posted by rocky4195 View Post
    Hi new to ebid just to say great siteI might be on the wroung forum but i am abuyer from the other side was going to start selling on feebay but it looks like i left it too late as they dont seem to want small sellers anymore.i found ebid on the forum on feebay of brassed off sellers who said they were thinking of jumping ship.so if I was a seller on the other side i would post threads all over there forums to get others to jump ship.would imagine most of you are still registered there.If you can get enough sellersto come to this site then the buyers will follow.wonder if you are getting any new members from Ireland or is mainly Uk any way have bought afew items already and hope it goes well for all you sellers as everyone seems pretty friendly here
    Hi Rocky - Welcome to eBid - your suggestions as to the forums 'over the other side' have been implimented - but unfortunately many of them get removed.
    One member here who is still selling there set up his automatic feedback to include references to eBid. Last I heard they were still there, also some were listing such things as "ancient" manuscripts foretelling eBays future with the full text written into the listing to the effect to come over to eBid!

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

A warm welcome to all new arrivals.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ravko View Post
    Thanxs for the great comment, could you please tell me what (plug your auctions thread) is and where do I find it...
    Hi ravko when you go into the forums section you will find it underneath the Kitchen Table.
    A very warm welcome to you and all all the newbies

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid
    rocky4195
    Hope you like it here, tell all your friends where you are!

Smile

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Quote Originally Posted by CrowlasCrafts View Post
    Hi Rocky - Welcome to eBid - your suggestions as to the forums 'over the other side' have been implimented - but unfortunately many of them get removed.
    One member here who is still selling there set up his automatic feedback to include references to eBid. Last I heard they were still there, also some were listing such things as "ancient" manuscripts foretelling eBays future with the full text written into the listing to the effect to come over to eBid!
    GreedBay has either given up deleting posts mentioning eBid or they don't care. There are several threads now going strong with very unhappy people telling why they're leaving and where they're going (most of them are coming here).

I'm delighted to see new sellers, that's what we need to bring buyers here. Last couple of times I checked on Google, eBid auctions were ranking higher than GreedBay auctions, they are definitely doing something right here!

Forum Newbie
    All-About littlelorianns
    View littlelorianns's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Hello, to everyone--like most everyone I am a 'ebay ex

Well a big shout out to everyone whom may read this..I am like most on here--an 'EX EBAYER' whom just can not take it anymore...
    Seems like they only continue to make money off me and yet still want more...
    So I have thrown in the towel and move onto hopefully much greenier pastures....as this old gray mare has retired from ebay...
    Hope this sites sales will allow me to make money instead of costing money or just about brecking even...LOL
    Well my hats are off to you all---hope to try my best to make this site take off and over run my old one...

Hi to all the new refugees, welcome to eBid, OK to help you get started add a signature link to your posts so us nosey lot have an easy link to your items whilst reading the forums, read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 then fill in some info on Your About Me Page so people know about you as a seller. Perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here, always looks better than a zero, ( I have some nice cheap prints ) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the zero feedback problem when I started.

Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you busy for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee Oh and finally read the forums there is a lot of useful information on here.

These threads may help opening a store.

step by step with images for opening a store
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...postcount=2%20

Adding Categories
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...74&postcount=5
    and subcategories
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...77&postcount=6
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Hi, I'm Carri and my eBid handle is "FindersKeepers". I defected from eBay because of their ridiculous new policies and the higher fees. I was paying more to them than I was making!
    I am anxious to get going here but I am having a problem - I've tried to find the answer but can't. How do I "Save" my "All About Me" page? I've managed to download/upload the picture I want to use, and have typed in my text, but now what?
    Thanks in advance!

Thread Information