eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Concern re: Paypal dispute - any advice appreciated.

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Suesjools...
    I ask you again, please consider changing your feedback to negative...you have the proof of delivery, you did nothing wrong.
    I think you have every right to leave negatives...in fact, I think you have a 'duty'...I know you have reported the said buyer to Ebid but negative feedback is for the protection of all of us...buyes AND sellers alike.
    I can state also that if you had waited before returning their payment...and explained to Paypal that indeed you had the proof of posting/delivery...I am hopeful that they would have found in your favour.

Have a click...You know you want to...

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad all these people have extended help to you, Sue. They are giving good counsel. When you come back from your break, I hope the problem seems tinier. Worst case in your opinion, maybe, is to be locked out of PP. Well, money orders work too, and there are no fees for you the seller. Don't forget Google offers practically identical features as PP.

If the buyer has the nerve and lack of brains to leave you negative feedback. PLEASE reply calmly and with nothing more than facts. It should be apparent to potential buyers how you operate, and they will trust you. Somebody with perfect feedback could actually be seen by scammers as a "fraidy cat" and if you get a neg, it shows you survive despite battle scars.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    Suesjools...
    I ask you again, please consider changing your feedback to negative...you have the proof of delivery, you did nothing wrong.
    I think you have every right to leave negatives...in fact, I think you have a 'duty'...I know you have reported the said buyer to Ebid but negative feedback is for the protection of all of us...buyes AND sellers alike.
    I can state also that if you had waited before returning their payment...and explained to Paypal that indeed you had the proof of posting/delivery...I am hopeful that they would have found in your favour.
    I agree. Negative feedback should be given (feedback can be edited to suit the outcome of a transaction) to warn others and if Neg is given back, report to eBid with explanation and they will remove it.

x

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for all the good advice, will definitely consider this, although I am a fraidy cat in every sense of the word.

Thanks also, Ada, for mentioning Google as an alternative to Paypal if/when I need to switch online payment options.

Best wishes,

Absolutely right Jan and Barrattess
    Suejools, you have a duty to neg this person for the protection of all eBid buyers and sellers.
    One of the most wonderful things about this site is the fact that our feedbacks are not etched out in stone, never to be amended without a load of palaver from the hierarchy.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Many thanks to all for support and good advice. Trouble is, this buyer got a negative from another seller recently who claimed non-payment, likely with good cause, and left a negative for the seller in return, (who now looks just as bad as the buyer to any outsider, though he/she probably isn't to blame); it's definitely not my cup of tea to get into that sort of no-win contest.

IMHO negative fb looks just plain bad to outsiders or potential buyers, no matter how justified it is.

Best wishes,
    Last edited by suesjools; 11th January 2011 at 09:52 PM.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Look at your avatar picture, Suesjools!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Suesjools...
    Join me...I have given them the negatives they deserve. I have also written to Paypal.

Have a click...You know you want to...

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    Suesjools...
    Join me...I have given them the negatives they deserve. I have also written to Paypal.
    Great words to read, Barrattess - Suesjools, please join and do it. United you can stand together and be proud you fought for what was right.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Many thanks to all for support and good advice. IMHO negative fb looks just plain bad to outsiders or potential buyers, no matter how justified it is.
    Best wishes,
    As a buyer, I appreciate the fact that not every feedback on a site is positive.......it reassures me that it's not a good-ole-boy (sorry boys) club going on. As a seller, of course, I want all positives.........but that's not guaranteed, no matter how good you are. If the feedback is ranting and raving, then you know what you are dealing with. If it is reasoned, logical and calm, then it should be considered in light of the other feedback received and given. Circumstances happen to us all, and perfection is not possible, so a negative feedback, in the midst of many positives, doesn't send me running the other way. I was told that Native American weavers always wove a mistake into rugs to let any bad spirits out. Maybe an unwarranted negative feedback would have the same effect!! I'm sure I will find out sometime. And one of my favorite songs?? Gaden Party - a line in it is -'you can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself.' (ok ok no funny comments from the peanut gallery now........) (wanders off down the dark castle halls to find some tea)
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thread Information