Thread: help needed with application form

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: help needed with application form

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    You could say for the 1st question something along the lines of this:

Being a sales advisor within the company for x months/years, I feel now is the time for me to pass on my experience and qualifications to new and upcoming colleagues.
    I like Craig's suggestion, it shows you have experience and are willing and eager to share your experience with others.

OK, didn't read this thread all the way through, my bad. Sorry you didn't get the job, but as Thomas Edison once said, (at least I think it was Edison): 'every failure is one step closer to success.' I'm sure you'll nail the next one.

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    Last edited by suesjools; 6th May 2011 at 01:29 PM.

Forum Lurker
    Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View mira666's Feedback (+104)
    All-About mira666
    View mira666's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Ask them to tell you why. If you're turned down once, it's cheeky, but if it keeps happening it's reasonable to ask where the gaps are in your CV so you can set about plugging them. If you put it in a positive way like that (rather than ask who doesn't like you!?) you might get some useful feedback.
    if it was a case that my CV wasn't up to scratch I wouldn't even get invited to the assessment Kim, its something about that part that keeps screwing me up
    Cameron aka Mira

Owner of Cyber Industry http://cyber-industry.ebid.net

Housemove Fund £24.20 - Target £1000.00

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mira666 View Post
    if it was a case that my CV wasn't up to scratch I wouldn't even get invited to the assessment Kim, its something about that part that keeps screwing me up
    You're missing the point completely. You know there's nothing wrong with your CV, but that's how you phrase the question to start the discussion.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Ask them to tell you why. If you're turned down once, it's cheeky, but if it keeps happening it's reasonable to ask where the gaps are in your CV so you can set about plugging them. If you put it in a positive way like that (rather than ask who doesn't like you!?) you might get some useful feedback.
    This approach might be a little difficult in the employment arena for many, but it is a common approach for grant writers who must have a tough hide to weather rejection. I remember applying for a Federal Grant we didn't receive. I asked for feedback as to why we did not get the funding & they never answered. So I attended a 3 State public forum for seeking Federal funding. I publically asked why I never got a response back when we were denied funding. The Grants Manager laughed out loud and said "We never fund anything in that area; but ask again, they should answer". "Or you could just apply again". I became visibly angry and shouted "We will apply again". Some of my peers pulled me over & said "You all will never get funding now, are you nuts?" Well, to make a long story short......we applied again, & got funding from the same folk who had rejected our application. And a second Federal entitity stepped in & matched funding.

Mira666, you just hang in there tough & keep trying. Don't waste energy on crying over temporary challenges.

Thread Information