Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I purchased something but the seller is not responding

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I purchased something but the seller is not responding

Quote Originally Posted by marovine View Post
    .......anything over 2 days would create a bitter taste in customers, which is not good for a return base.

Just speaking from experience
    When posting items world wide as many non USA sellers do, 2 days is neither here nor there.

A few months ago it was taking upto 2 months to get items sent from the UK into the USA.

So 2 days is not critical.

Communication is the important factor.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Meaganmakeup View Post
    I REQUESTED TO KNOW WHEN THE SELLER WOULD SHIP SOMETHING BUT THERE IS NO REPLY AND I AM NERVOUS.
    I have emailed him and sent a message on here, and no answer. How do I know if it will be sent out. I am new here.

Meagan
    Well, did you get your item?

Cool Re: I purchased something but the seller is not responding

yes MP, shipping international out of the US does take long unless you ship it priority , but people don't want to pay that price, so they choose to exercise their patients. then you pray it doesn't get caught up in customs. That is why many here don't do Internation shipping on small items.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Usually, a seller gets 2 Business days to ship the item and Usps from Califoria to New york takes 7-10 business days, so if you don't receive the item within 12 Business days, then there is a problem. Do you know the persons location?
    My shipping policy states that I ship within 1 to 3 days following cleared payment; in actual practice I usually ship within 24 hours (1 business day) of a cleared payment. If I can't do that, due to circumstances, I communicate this to the buyer.

I have been in this business for over 25 years and selling online for 6 .I have run shipping departments for several companies and 2 days seams to be a standard. Yes, you can set the shipping stander to what you are capable of, but in my experience 24 hours is better for an online business and anything over 2 days would create a bitter taste in customers, which is not good for a return base.

Just speaking from experience
    I do feel that in general your take on how many buyers respond to a seller's shipping time is correct. However, the seller does actually have control as to their shipping practices. They have no control over how a buyer will respond to that decision.

For example, a seller in remote areas may ship only 1 time per week, having to travel great distances to send packages. I certainly would not take offense if seller clearly communicated this fact in their shipping policy. If I wanted the item, I would bid and wait for my delivery.

I know that there are buyers who would bid, ignore the seller's communication, and leave negative feedback. I have been buying and selling for years also; I like to give good service and receive good service. My tolerance level seems to be greater as time goes on, and I tend to try and give sellers the benefit of the doubt unless they prove unworthy through seller non-performance.

Generally speaking though, buyers should be able to expect prompt shipping. Seller communication should be available to explain any issues with shipping, etc.

P.S. I purchase internationally regularly, and i'm quite willing to wait patiently for my great items. Most items come in a timely manner (1 to 3 weeks). Ok if it occassionally takes longer.

well said Neighbor

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    When posting items world wide as many non USA sellers do, 2 days is neither here nor there.

A few months ago it was taking upto 2 months to get items sent from the UK into the USA.

So 2 days is not critical.

Communication is the important factor.
    Agree 110%. I've shipped overseas and it does take longer, weeks sometimes, fortunately my international buyers have been great about this. I, too am willing to wait on overseas items as I'm fully aware of the time delay with customs and etc.. Communication is key.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

the seller finally got in touch, they said they thought they had cancelled their ebid account and no longer wanted to sell the item

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

sigh. That's disappointing on several levels. I hope they do at least take all their listings off now if they aren't home with the lights on!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyandlarasmum View Post
    the seller finally got in touch, they said they thought they had cancelled their ebid account and no longer wanted to sell the item
    Please make sure you leave appropriate feedback and let ebid admin know [just click help on top of any page to contact support].

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyandlarasmum View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Hope this does not leave you feeling negative towards eBid, as there are lots of good sellers here.

Thread Information