My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Send payment reminder for whole invoice

Default Send payment reminder for whole invoice

My eBid shop sales have had slow but regular growth over time but with that I am also getting regular non-payers. I try to just deal with these as quickly as possible and get items relisted. It would be useful if you could extend on what can be done with whole invoices such as sending payment reminders on whole invoices rather needing to do each item once and then again a few days later.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Send payment reminder for whole invoice

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyTarget View Post
    My eBid shop sales have had slow but regular growth over time but with that I am also getting regular non-payers. I try to just deal with these as quickly as possible and get items relisted. It would be useful if you could extend on what can be done with whole invoices such as sending payment reminders on whole invoices rather needing to do each item once and then again a few days later.
    You can use the invoice, with the multiple items listed, as a reminder to your customer.

But don't you need two payment reminders to mark as non paying bidder?

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

But don't you need two payment reminders to mark as non paying bidder?
    Yes, and you can still use the invoice as a reminder each time.

Right. I just dealt with one of these where a buyer clicked to buy 8 items but them didn't pay the invoice. I still had to go through each item to get them all marked off as a non-paying bidder. If you mean that I was only supposed to click on one item for each part of the process and then enter the invoice number in the AAL box, there is nothing anywhere to tell the seller that. It looks like you are just dealing with one item at a time. It would be a lot neater and more efficient if you could just click the drop-down menu on any item in the invoice, click View Invoice and then do anything you need to the whole transaction from there. Just seems like common sense to me that it should work that way.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Right. I just dealt with one of these where a buyer clicked to buy 8 items but them didn't pay the invoice. I still had to go through each item to get them all marked off as a non-paying bidder. If you mean that I was only supposed to click on one item for each part of the process and then enter the invoice number in the AAL box, there is nothing anywhere to tell the seller that. It looks like you are just dealing with one item at a time. It would be a lot neater and more efficient if you could just click the drop-down menu on any item in the invoice, click View Invoice and then do anything you need to the whole transaction from there. Just seems like common sense to me that it should work that way.
    When you view the invoice with all the items on it, at the top you should have a send invoice link or such wording which you use to remind your customer.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    When you view the invoice with all the items on it, at the top you should have a send invoice link or such wording which you use to remind your customer.
    Won't that just create more "Invoice Created" AALs whereas 'Lucky' is trying to add multiple "Payment Reminder" AALs?

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunsock View Post
    Won't that just create more "Invoice Created" AALs whereas 'Lucky' is trying to add multiple "Payment Reminder" AALs?
    I've always used the invoice as a reminder and it never came up with new ones.

Yeah, the whole point of this thread was actually about speeding up the non-paying bidder process for buyers who clearly have no intention of paying or responding to messages. The reminder part is not actually that relevent. Obviously, there are lots of design flaws on eBid and not all of them are easy to reverse. I do understand that. The invoicing aspect is definitely one of them. You still have two clicks, rather then one just for 'mark whole invoice as shipped'.

I did start to just go with 'cancel transaction' for non-payers which is quicker and does at least instantly give you you FVF back (not that I mind eBid keeping small FVFs) anyway but thought it might be more useful to eBid to know about non-payers. If it's likely to be ignored, just as my suggestions always are, then I'll just go back to cancelling and forget about the non-payer process.

Thread Information